Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day 20/30

Day 20/30 - a hobby of yours

oh this is super easy. 
READING. 
I love to read. 
I've always enjoyed reading, and I find it to be one of my favorite things in the world to just get completely enveloped into a book. 

I love getting to know characters, and therefore finding myself having a relationship with them, whether I love them or despise them. I love picturing the settings where the story takes place and imagining all the little details of a house or a church or an office building. I love reading the dialogue and hearing the voices of the characters and their accents in my head. I enjoy feeling like I'm right there through the characters' triumphs and struggles, feeding off their emotions.

I love to read because it takes me away from reality. don't get me wrong, reality ain't so bad... in fact, it's pretty wonderful... but there's just something about experiencing a story through a novel that seems like a breath of fresh air. it's like having friends in far away places that you can only read about, but you feel like they're family. I don't know if that makes sense, but that's what I get out of reading.

I find myself getting so caught up in books that I forget who my husband is for a few days, and when I finally complete the book, I'm itching to start a new one right away. of course, it doesn't always happen that way and sometimes I just cannot get into a book to save my life, but more often than not, I'm huddled up in bed or on the couch with my nose in a novel for days at a time.

and just for a hint of how much I love to read, here's a list of books I've read recently... which means in the last 6 months or so (and the links to the books at Amazon in case you want to check them out).


The Last Song by Nicholas Sparks
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang by Chelsea Handler

The Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris:
The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold
Undiscovered Gyrl by Allison Burnett
Watchers by Dean Koontz
My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult


I just picked up The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett over the weekend, and while I'm not far into it, I've heard excellent things about it, so I'm excited to see where it leads. I'm already getting wrapped up into Tom Builder's family, and learning how terrible their struggles were during those times. I'll make sure to review it once I complete it! 

head back to the 30 Day Challenge HERE

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment