mrsir2009
Apr 6, 02:10 PM
Good for them.
Multimedia
Aug 26, 11:54 PM
Expect new Merom-based macs, and a new iPod, on September 18th.Please Sustantiate Your Reasoning Why You Think September 18th. :confused: Three more weeks of anxiety ridden torture! :eek:
PolarIced
Apr 6, 10:09 AM
Has Intel R&D come up with a new, low-power, backlit keyboard? ;)
(Figured I'd throw that out straight off, as it's bound to come up somewhere along the line)
(Figured I'd throw that out straight off, as it's bound to come up somewhere along the line)
FoxHoundADAM
Apr 11, 12:06 PM
There are a number of factors that would make a later release make sense. They probably want to converge the Verizon and AT&T hardware, plus wait for iOS 5 to be ready. The release of Lion could also play a small part.
I think everyone making the (pretty much insane) comments that this spells the end of the iPhone's dominance should wait and see what iOS 5 looks like and how the iPhone 5 takes advantage of it.
You are right, we should wait to see iOS 5 before any major conclusions are drawn about the market future but I tell you what, after playing with an Inspire and and Evo all weekend you realize how old and dated iOS4 looks.
Apple really needs to make some significant changes to iOS5 to bring me back this time.
I think everyone making the (pretty much insane) comments that this spells the end of the iPhone's dominance should wait and see what iOS 5 looks like and how the iPhone 5 takes advantage of it.
You are right, we should wait to see iOS 5 before any major conclusions are drawn about the market future but I tell you what, after playing with an Inspire and and Evo all weekend you realize how old and dated iOS4 looks.
Apple really needs to make some significant changes to iOS5 to bring me back this time.
macDrewd
Mar 26, 07:01 AM
Please release OS X Lion on a cool Apple flash drive :cool:
Really don't want another DVD, my shelf is full!
Really don't want another DVD, my shelf is full!
Donz0r
Aug 11, 01:06 PM
What OS will the iPhone be running? :confused:
If people want a Treo replacement, you are going to have top consider:
1. calendar - hopefully you can port over Palm to iCal
2. contacts - to Mail/Address book
3. will there be a keyboard - personally I send a lot of mail/texts so would want to keep the "thumb-board" ;)
I dont think that the iPhone will be an all-in-one smartphone replacement. The demographic using those kinds of phones (for the MOST part) are business people who mean business when it comes to their phones. They'll want to keep the windows/palm integration which works so well with their PCs.
That being said, it might be a good move to drag in some more switchers and showing the business world that apple means business, and can handle business.
All in all though, I really think it'll be a normal cell phone with great mp3 capabilities , possibly video chat, and some new feature that we can't think of.
If people want a Treo replacement, you are going to have top consider:
1. calendar - hopefully you can port over Palm to iCal
2. contacts - to Mail/Address book
3. will there be a keyboard - personally I send a lot of mail/texts so would want to keep the "thumb-board" ;)
I dont think that the iPhone will be an all-in-one smartphone replacement. The demographic using those kinds of phones (for the MOST part) are business people who mean business when it comes to their phones. They'll want to keep the windows/palm integration which works so well with their PCs.
That being said, it might be a good move to drag in some more switchers and showing the business world that apple means business, and can handle business.
All in all though, I really think it'll be a normal cell phone with great mp3 capabilities , possibly video chat, and some new feature that we can't think of.
b166er
Apr 7, 10:34 PM
me too! I wanna learn!
How does withholding stock from the public aid a company? I can imagine holding them till everything is registered in their system and accounted for. But turning people away when they actually do have stock doesn't sound like a good business practice to me
When you are as HUGE as best buy, and you are selling a product as huge as the iPad, it makes sense to create a demand. People do this all the time. You can't get it now, so the second it becomes available to you, you buy it in fear that you might have to wait another month. This happens all the time with a lot of products.
How does withholding stock from the public aid a company? I can imagine holding them till everything is registered in their system and accounted for. But turning people away when they actually do have stock doesn't sound like a good business practice to me
When you are as HUGE as best buy, and you are selling a product as huge as the iPad, it makes sense to create a demand. People do this all the time. You can't get it now, so the second it becomes available to you, you buy it in fear that you might have to wait another month. This happens all the time with a lot of products.
tirk
Apr 11, 11:44 AM
If it is going to be a 4g/LTE iPhone then this works for me. I have no complaints with my iPhone 4 so waiting another 4-6 months is fine with me.
80%* of potential purchasers won't have access to LTE for at least another year from then. Given that 3G was added only after it was widely available, why would Apple take such a risk with the huge numbers of June/July iPhone users coming to the end of their contracts for such a minority market?
[*made up statistic, but I bet it's not far wrong! :D ]
80%* of potential purchasers won't have access to LTE for at least another year from then. Given that 3G was added only after it was widely available, why would Apple take such a risk with the huge numbers of June/July iPhone users coming to the end of their contracts for such a minority market?
[*made up statistic, but I bet it's not far wrong! :D ]
applefan289
Apr 8, 08:12 AM
It's about time. Best Buy does not deserve the time of day - their employees are low, their service stinks, and their whole philosophy is unethical. Looks like it's starting to come back to haunt them now...
daneoni
Aug 27, 05:12 PM
Again, come on now...... it's not a question of whether people grasp it. It's question of who finds it funny and who doesn't. It's possible to "grasp" a joke and still not find it funny once it has been done to death. Just because someone doesn't think it is funny doesn't mean you have to insult their intelligence by saying they just don't "grasp" it.
No, you're putting words in my mouth. People can be intelligent and still not get the essence of a reoccuring joke.
No, you're putting words in my mouth. People can be intelligent and still not get the essence of a reoccuring joke.
HecubusPro
Sep 19, 08:25 AM
Well, the store's not down. My theory that an update would happen today looks to be bunk. Couple with this story, and I have no idea what to think now. I'm completely perplexed. Oh well, I guess we'll just see what happens at Photokina.
AppleKrate
Sep 19, 11:14 AM
- 2 CPU cores compared to 1 CPU core
- Radically greater FSB bandwidth
- PC2-5300 DDR2 memory compared to PC2-4200 DDR2
- PCIe 16x for graphics controller compared to AGP 8x
- Improved graphics controller with more VRAM
- Dedicated 1.5 Gbps SATA for hard disk compared to UATA-100
- ExpressCard/34 (has PCIe 1x and USB 2.0) compared to CardBus
- MagSafe power connector
- Built-in iSight camera
- etc.
ok, thanks :o
ps I want more :D
- Radically greater FSB bandwidth
- PC2-5300 DDR2 memory compared to PC2-4200 DDR2
- PCIe 16x for graphics controller compared to AGP 8x
- Improved graphics controller with more VRAM
- Dedicated 1.5 Gbps SATA for hard disk compared to UATA-100
- ExpressCard/34 (has PCIe 1x and USB 2.0) compared to CardBus
- MagSafe power connector
- Built-in iSight camera
- etc.
ok, thanks :o
ps I want more :D
ryanx27
Aug 27, 11:05 AM
I happen to have a Yonah Macbook, and im a little concerned.
I wonder, if merom does make it into the Macbooks did i make a mistake by buying my computer before i had to (as in next friday is the cutoff)
I wonder if Merom is really that good. *it sucks that macbooks dont have PGA slots*
well im hoping to sell this one next year, and thatll get me most of the way to my santa rosa beast, cuz i KNOW santa rosa is that good.
This is the classic existential dilemma of the Mac user :D
I wonder, if merom does make it into the Macbooks did i make a mistake by buying my computer before i had to (as in next friday is the cutoff)
I wonder if Merom is really that good. *it sucks that macbooks dont have PGA slots*
well im hoping to sell this one next year, and thatll get me most of the way to my santa rosa beast, cuz i KNOW santa rosa is that good.
This is the classic existential dilemma of the Mac user :D
phalseHUD
Apr 10, 01:58 PM
Interesting news, but the bit about booting competitors is downright disgusting.
Couldn't agree more, disgraceful to be honest. This part of Apple I cannot abide.
Couldn't agree more, disgraceful to be honest. This part of Apple I cannot abide.
scottlinux
Sep 13, 10:32 PM
If you don't think so, then you are paying way too much attention to the content and not enough to the process by which they are conveying that content.
Well if the content is crap, who cares to watch? Content of TV is more important to me. I'd rather see a fascinating news show or program over rabbit ears than watch the Today Show in HD.
My post of this news has nothing to do with content.
This wasn't clear the first time. You sounded like a crazed American Idol fan with your original post. And HD broadcasts are nothing new...
Well if the content is crap, who cares to watch? Content of TV is more important to me. I'd rather see a fascinating news show or program over rabbit ears than watch the Today Show in HD.
My post of this news has nothing to do with content.
This wasn't clear the first time. You sounded like a crazed American Idol fan with your original post. And HD broadcasts are nothing new...
gauriemma
Jul 27, 01:25 PM
I never thought there'd come a day when I needed to know anything about what kind of chips Intel was coming out with.
Popeye206
Mar 22, 07:49 PM
This is just a preview of the future, Android based tablets will clean the iPads clock. Apple made the so-called iPad 2 as a 1.5. Low res camera, not enough RAM, and low res screen. It's going to be a verrrry long 2012 for Apple. Sure it's selling like hot cakes now, but when buyers see tablets that they don't have to stand inline for, that have better equipment and are cheaper ... Apples house of cards will come crashing down around them.
The only strength that Apple has is the app ecosystem; which is why they are going after Amazon for spiting on the sidewalk. They know the world of hurt coming their way.
LOL! I love your back handed sense of humor!
I mean really? It's so obvious consumers don't give a crap about anything you list. And anyone who knows trademarks know, Apple had to submit a cease letter to Amazon for the use of "App Store" or they're application for it is worthless.
You've called "fail" at every corner and NONE of them have come true yet.
The only strength that Apple has is the app ecosystem; which is why they are going after Amazon for spiting on the sidewalk. They know the world of hurt coming their way.
LOL! I love your back handed sense of humor!
I mean really? It's so obvious consumers don't give a crap about anything you list. And anyone who knows trademarks know, Apple had to submit a cease letter to Amazon for the use of "App Store" or they're application for it is worthless.
You've called "fail" at every corner and NONE of them have come true yet.
PlipPlop
Apr 6, 03:10 PM
Shame people are brainwashed by Apple with their crappy product, and the superior tablet is behind on sales. Im sure it will pick up soon.
sebseb81
Apr 6, 10:30 AM
Maybe I'm just being optimistic but there have been a lot of models of the MBA in the refurb section of the Apple store online recently, and they've been there rather consistently (as has the regular old MB). Maybe both MBA and MB will be updated sooner than we think? June certainly sounds reasonable for the MBA, and the MB is due even sooner, I would imagine.
Dagless
Aug 12, 05:43 AM
GT by Citro�n (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GT_by_Citro�n).
Ooo I have that on GT PSP. Can't remember if it's a collectors edition bonus or whatever, but the ultra annoying thing (which I cannot wrap my head around why they would do this) is some cars cannot be transferred to the PS3 version of the game. Despite the PS3 version having the same cars and then some.
Ooo I have that on GT PSP. Can't remember if it's a collectors edition bonus or whatever, but the ultra annoying thing (which I cannot wrap my head around why they would do this) is some cars cannot be transferred to the PS3 version of the game. Despite the PS3 version having the same cars and then some.
drlunanerd
Aug 25, 05:08 PM
I've just come out the other side of a protracted saga with AppleCare.
Bought my first personal Apple laptop, a MacBook, in May (having supported and bought a lot of their hardware over the years in my job).
It had a couple of faults so I decided to send it in to get repaired.
It took them 2 months to get a working laptop back to me.
After 1 month I had the original MacBook returned, which they hadn't repaired at all, apparently due to spare parts availabilty problems.
After another 2 weeks they sent a replacement MacBook. Which was DOA. At this point I asked for a refund as I had no confidence in the quality control of the product.
Customer Relations then offered me an upgrade to a new Macbook Pro, which I have now and am happy with.
So a happy ending, but a disgracefully long wait to get to it. Unfortunately this has been my experience with AppleCare over the years - it takes far too long to get hardware repaired - whether you take it to an Authorised Repair Centre or send it to AppleCare. It's useless in a business environment. At the least Apple need to add a next business day service, just like all the other 'tier one' PC manufacturers do. I'm baffled why Apple don't offer this.
Bought my first personal Apple laptop, a MacBook, in May (having supported and bought a lot of their hardware over the years in my job).
It had a couple of faults so I decided to send it in to get repaired.
It took them 2 months to get a working laptop back to me.
After 1 month I had the original MacBook returned, which they hadn't repaired at all, apparently due to spare parts availabilty problems.
After another 2 weeks they sent a replacement MacBook. Which was DOA. At this point I asked for a refund as I had no confidence in the quality control of the product.
Customer Relations then offered me an upgrade to a new Macbook Pro, which I have now and am happy with.
So a happy ending, but a disgracefully long wait to get to it. Unfortunately this has been my experience with AppleCare over the years - it takes far too long to get hardware repaired - whether you take it to an Authorised Repair Centre or send it to AppleCare. It's useless in a business environment. At the least Apple need to add a next business day service, just like all the other 'tier one' PC manufacturers do. I'm baffled why Apple don't offer this.
SWC
Aug 7, 08:01 PM
great . . . i just get a new macbook with tiger now i'm gonna have to get leopard . . . how much will this put me back?
$129 is history proves true
$129 is history proves true
dethmaShine
Apr 19, 03:02 PM
That's US mobile subscribers marketshare for Jan and Feb '11. My numbers are worldwide smartphone marketshare. Completly different things.
Well if I can understand that:
1. US mobile subscriber marketshare is US smartphone marketshare & Worldwide smartphone marketshare is World wide smartphone marketshare.
2. You never specified which marketshare you were talking about.
Well if I can understand that:
1. US mobile subscriber marketshare is US smartphone marketshare & Worldwide smartphone marketshare is World wide smartphone marketshare.
2. You never specified which marketshare you were talking about.
sjo
Aug 11, 03:44 PM
I don't need to travel to know that >99% mobile phone penetration is complete BS. Are you trying to say that EVERYONE in Europe has a cell phone?
Yes. EVERYONE. If you dont believe me, maybe you believe the economist:
http://www.economist.com/printedition/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=4351974
Please note that the graph is about three years old. Nowadays a lot more of the countries are over 100%.
Yes. EVERYONE. If you dont believe me, maybe you believe the economist:
http://www.economist.com/printedition/displayStory.cfm?Story_ID=4351974
Please note that the graph is about three years old. Nowadays a lot more of the countries are over 100%.
No comments:
Post a Comment