Monday, May 9, 2011

Yom Kippur War

Yom Kippur War. Yom Kippur War Ceasefire Lines
  • Yom Kippur War Ceasefire Lines



  • b166er
    Apr 7, 10:39 PM
    It's psychology, man. big companies use it against us every day. I have worked in retail a long time, and I see this all the time with high demand products. Dollars to doughnuts apple has a stock pile of iPads and they are just letting so many thousand slip out at a time. Hype generates massive amounts of free press and profits at no cost to the company making the product.





    Yom Kippur War. 1973 Yom Kippur War
  • 1973 Yom Kippur War



  • Chip NoVaMac
    Apr 8, 12:17 AM
    Not really a spectacle. They take the evening's drop shipment and get it into inventory. they sell it at the three places I can check before the Mall even opens, for example: Kenwood Town Center in Cincinnati opens at 7:00 for mall walkers. They let people in line at that time. The store opens at 8:00 to give "reservations" to the line standers for their choice of the available stock. They start processing/selling at about 8:30 and distribution is usually complete before 10:00 when the mall stores open and shoppers arrive. Apple doesn't open for sales till 10:00 either. So they are actually avoiding the spectacle and line in front of the store during normal hours, which you would have if everyone showed up around 4:00 or 5:00 to be around for the afternoon drop-shipment.

    I like Apple's approach on the iPad 2 vs my experience with the iPhone 4 - where I and 20+ of my closest friends packed the Reston Apple Store in order to see if we could score the iPhone 4 from that mornings delivery.





    Yom Kippur War. The Yom Kippur War part 9
  • The Yom Kippur War part 9



  • dialectician
    Aug 7, 05:35 PM
    Ok, so I take the point, made ad nauseam, that these features are not entirely new or innovative, since there are third party apps out there that do the same. And perhaps Apple is copying Vista, which doesn't really bother me either.

    Bottom line: time machine will make a huge difference for most users in terms of preventing or remedying data loss!





    Yom Kippur War. Yom Kippur War, 1973.
  • Yom Kippur War, 1973.



  • meanmusic
    Aug 27, 10:33 PM
    Core 2 Duo is here. Looks like Toshiba is first out of the gate with Core 2 Duo laptops:

    http://www.toshibadirect.com:80/td/b2c/pdet.to?poid=347885&coid=-30600&seg=HHO





    Yom Kippur War. Yom Kippur War picture: f4e
  • Yom Kippur War picture: f4e



  • koobcamuk
    Apr 7, 10:21 PM
    Obviously you know little about retail and accounting.

    Please tell him.





    Yom Kippur War. Yom Kippur War
  • Yom Kippur War



  • NJRonbo
    Jun 14, 06:58 PM
    Why on earth would Radio Shack ask anyone
    to stand on line tomorrow to get a PIN just
    to stand on line again opening day to get a phone
    for which you are not guaranteed for?

    What kind of crap is that?

    The problem is, each store has a different
    opinion on the reservation policy.

    I think I am going to order directly from Apple.

    Problem is, I have a $247 credit from Radio
    Shack and I don't even shop at their stores
    anymore.





    Yom Kippur War. Yom Kippur War in Sinai
  • Yom Kippur War in Sinai



  • ThunderSkunk
    Apr 7, 10:44 PM
    Not a best buy / walmart fan. It's hard to say they bring a negative perception of cheapening the brands they carry without coming off like a pompous ass, but perception is subjective, and that's just how they come across to me.

    Stuff like this doesn't help.





    Yom Kippur War. Y O M . K I P P U R . W A R, .
  • Y O M . K I P P U R . W A R, .



  • direzz
    Aug 7, 08:50 AM
    Well some people do. For instance, when I think of a video editing setup, I think of various monitors, a computer, and other devices are all locked into some kinda big rack. But I'm no video editor.

    Point is, without an IR sensor in the display, you wouldn't have the OPTION of hiding the computer away.


    what if your not using an apple display...

    an external ir reciever would make the most sense.

    your could put it on your desk and plug it into usb, or it could be wireless.

    not everyone uses those displays.





    Yom Kippur War. Yom Kippur war 1973 -IDF armor
  • Yom Kippur war 1973 -IDF armor



  • RebootD
    Apr 6, 12:40 PM
    Plus to everyone saying 'digital distribution!' in the US we have 'data caps' and to send one blu-ray size 2hr movie (not compressed to hell with 2ch stereo MKVs) it would eat up 1/4 of my monthly bandwidth per movie.

    I agree that digital distribution IS the future but we are a long ways away from having 100+Mbps constant stream broadband without caps as long as a handful of ISP's have all the control. So for now blu-ray is a wonderful alternative.

    Let me be clear - FCS needs a robust blu-ray authoring feature. We don't live in a wireless world where you can transmit video free over the air. We still put disks in a player to watch and also preserve our video memories.

    Not having a good blu-ray authoring feature is a huge problem for Final Cut Studio. Not only does it impact professional wedding video-graphers, but ordinary people who want to put their video on a disk to send to people. I can't just put my video on netflix to have a friend watch it on his ROKU.





    Yom Kippur War. File:Yom Kippur War
  • File:Yom Kippur War



  • ghostlyorb
    Apr 11, 05:04 PM
    I wouldn't mind this being a late graduation present :cool:





    Yom Kippur War. before the Yom Kippur War.
  • before the Yom Kippur War.



  • BRLawyer
    Aug 20, 02:02 PM
    Freescale? Where does Freescale have a 64 -bit spot on their road map? (I want to know) Could this be.. really? Freescale? Now there's a twist I for one, did not see

    Are they still around? I thought their business was all about embedded procs for cars and radios... :rolleyes:





    Yom Kippur War. Yom Kippur War
  • Yom Kippur War



  • bamerican
    Apr 25, 03:23 PM
    Where did this attorney go to law school...

    If you want a free consultation, check him out here (http://www.mayerlawgroup.com/).

    And one of the counts in the complaint doesn't even allege a civil claim.

    He's in way over his head. Apple's lawyers are going to eat him alive.

    This is going to be fun to watch.





    Yom Kippur War. The Yom Kippur War part 7
  • The Yom Kippur War part 7



  • shamino
    Jul 21, 12:45 PM
    I strongly disagree. I could use 16 cores right now for notihng more than simple consumer electronics video compression routines. There will be a Mac Pro with 8 cores this Winter 2007.

    You are completely blind to the need for many cores right now for very simple stupid work. All I want to do is run 4 copies of Toast while running 4 copies of Handbrake simultaneously. Each wants 2 cores or more. So you are not thinking of the current need for 16 cores already.
    All I will say is that you are not a typical user. You are not even close to typical.

    OK. So maybe you need ten thousand cores and three million gigabytes of RAM. Don't think for an instant that the majority of the world shares your requirements.





    Yom Kippur War. called the Yom Kippur War
  • called the Yom Kippur War



  • skunk
    Mar 1, 04:18 PM
    Ah, let us define slavery, does: "slavery is the condition of involuntary servitude in which a human being is regarded as no more than the property of another, as being without basic human rights; in other words, as a thing rather than a person" work for you?No, not really. Why is this relevant?

    But they are treated equal, any gay man can marry a woman and any lesbian woman can marry a man just as any heterosexual man can marry a woman and any heterosexual woman can marry a manThey are not permitted to marry their chosen partner, so no, this is again complete bollocks.

    Nay, the Romans and Greeks failed, they are retrogressRetrogress is a verb, and they were not retrograde, on the contrary they were very progressive in many respects.

    In short, your cogency is significantly inferior to Lee's.





    Yom Kippur War. the 1973 Yom Kippur War,
  • the 1973 Yom Kippur War,



  • RedTomato
    Aug 11, 09:31 PM
    Apple won't put GPS in unless they can create a whole new 'Apple' interface for it.

    I'm no GPS expert, but I'm not sure how they could do that with a simple candybar phone. It would need to be some sort of smartphone / pocketPC thing.





    Yom Kippur War. Yom Kippur War 1973
  • Yom Kippur War 1973



  • daneoni
    Aug 27, 04:33 PM
    PS I thought the PB G5 next Tuesday thing was quite funny - precisely because it has been done to death, first dead straight (remember how excited people got for so many years), and now because it's a useful reminder not to take our speculations too seriously...

    Another person who grasps it.





    Yom Kippur War. during Yom Kippur War
  • during Yom Kippur War



  • asiayeah
    Aug 25, 06:36 PM
    Apple support for me has been nothing but great. This year my household has bought an intel iMac and a macbook. Being revision A I was expecting some sort of problems with them at some point and the problems did come. First I had some serious video problems on the iMac. So, I made an appt using Concierge and it was right on time. So, the genius looked at the problem and in ten mintues told me I needed to have the logic board replaced. So, I left it at the store and picked it up 2 days later. I wasn't glad that I had problems with the mac but their support was great.

    Now the macbook was having the dreaded problem of turning off at random times. This one was a bit more tricky. I made my appt just as I did for the iMac and saw the genius. She had to replicate the problem of it turning off at random before she could put it into their system in order to be fixed. Thankfully it turned off within a couple of minutes so she put in the request to have the logic board replaced. However, it took 4 days this time to get it fixed. While I would have loved to have had it fixed in the same time it took to fix the iMac I realized that just wasn't in the cards. It has been fine ever since. Although, a few weeks later the battery started to buldge but they replaced it right away and we were only at the genius bar for around 15 minutes to get a new battery.

    After hearing the horror story of my best friend trying to get his Dell fixed I was certainly happy about my experience with Apple. (as far as the dell story goes he still doesn't have it replaced because Dell lost his notebook after he sent it back to them and they are trying to tell him that it was somehow his fault) The people at the genius bar were excellent with good customer service skills. While I realize that some have had experiences that weren't quite as good I thought I would point out that some of our experiences with Apple support have been excellent.

    I think you are in the States, aren't you?





    Yom Kippur War. The Yom Kippur War,
  • The Yom Kippur War,



  • daneoni
    Aug 27, 03:40 PM
    Can someone tell me in what Santa Rosa is all about and how much of a difference it is (as far as Merom is concerned) ??:)

    Its the next mobile chipset. Sufficive to say, you get a faster bus 800 from 667MHz and support for 802.11n as well some other goodies





    Yom Kippur War. The Yom Kippur War part 13
  • The Yom Kippur War part 13



  • jvmxtra
    Apr 6, 01:13 PM
    What is the obsession with back-lit keys?

    Do you actually look at the keyboard when you're typing?

    Once you have it, you don't want it without.

    ps:I type fastttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

    sent from swipe keyboard :D





    Erasmus
    Jul 20, 11:21 PM
    The nec-plus-ultra would be thinking of a result and getting it (or saying it to your computer) like a photoshop user going: "Well, I would like the sun being more dominant in that picture, the power lines removed, and make those persons look younger". Boom. It happens.

    <offtopic>
    That would require Artificial Intelligence. If a computer can understand your speech, recognise your choice of words and understands that you don't neccessarily mean what you say all the time, then that's AI. If it can recognise specific objects in an "analogue" media such as a photograph, (I don't care if its a digital photo or not), it's AI. If it can then implement what it has learned alongside its infinite computational precision to remake a photo, while keeping it completely realistic, and making it look exactly how we wanted it to look, that's amazing, and lots of people will be out of jobs.

    But if you have an AI system working for you, what's the point of working? ;)

    BTW, I mean proper "hard" AI, not some pathetic "Ooh, forom your phone number you must live there, therefore I'll direct you to that Pizza Hut outlet! Aren't I smart!" type of AI.

    <rant>
    Erasmus 4 AI, Nuclear Power, GM, Stem Cell Research, and every other form of Science and Technology. Our lives will only benefit from all these, as will our community and our planet.
    </rant>
    </offtopic>

    Don't Hurt Me.

    I have to ask again, even though others already have, is Kentsfield a drop-in replacement for Conroe, if either a Mid-Tower or the iMac get Conroe? (Or Cloverton or whatever the desktop one is)

    Still hanging out for WWDC2006.





    diamond.g
    Apr 11, 02:44 PM
    and i got an HTC INspire for $20 that is better than my old 3GS

    At some point and time there will be a free (American) iPhone. I seem to remember our colleagues in other countries mentioning that they get free iPhones if they pay for the more expensive service.





    aarond12
    Sep 13, 06:50 PM
    Didn't you get the memo, Hyperthreading was a joke.

    Obviously, since Intel is no longer creating new processors with HT.

    By the way, previous poster, HT does not double the number of cores. Just the number of virtual cores. A Pentium 4 system with HT will run slower than a dual Pentium 4 system (with HT disabled) at the same clock speed.

    Dual-core means there are essentially two separate CPUs on a single die.

    Oh, and to the IT person who didn't know Clovertown is 64-bit... congratulations. You've shown everyone that you have an exceedingly small penis in having to argue that a $3000 Mac is slower than a $30,000 Windows DataCenter Edition PC system.

    -Aaron-





    Ramrod82
    Apr 8, 01:25 AM
    Ipad2 = huge demand, people keep calling, going into best buy daily to check to see if any r in. BB maybe is hoping while your there u will buy some games, blu rays, etc. Then come back when the iPad is in stock, the higher demand, the more likely people will get down and pissed and spend money on other items to take their mind off of waiting for their iPad 2. You create a demand that's already there (key apple stores and website delays) and make the delay longer, customers will keep coming in! Look at the Wii when it first was out and people lined for one! And the whole bb quota I truly believe, the higher ups want to see the daily numbers and if they see an average of let's say they sell 20 a day plus other crap, the higher ups r happy, who knows I could be completely off, but thats just my 2 cents. Either BB has always been shady!





    rotarydialz
    Apr 27, 08:58 AM
    correct. wasn't sure how long it would take for people in general to get up in arms about location privacy on the idevices... what did people think was going to happen??

    such it is, our electronic tethers are really leashes.

    It's not very accurate information apparently. I would like to know just how accurate this location tracking is before I get too excited.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment