Sunday, May 15, 2011

new york map city

new york map city. [Going to] Literary New York
  • [Going to] Literary New York



  • MacCoaster
    Oct 10, 12:24 PM
    Originally posted by benixau
    If you have any heart for 25 million of your wiser men, please make apple use the power4 chip at lightning speeds, and please lord, do it soon. It is becoming hard for us mac men to defend ourselves.
    Simply won't happen unless you're happy to shell out a half million dollars for a POWER4 supplied Power Mac.





    new york map city. Map of new york city
  • Map of new york city



  • Aduntu
    Apr 22, 10:50 PM
    Yes, you did. You lumped up three distinct theories about three different aspects of cosmic, geological, and biological history, all because they were an affront to your beliefs (or to your incredulity, whichever fits better).

    "Exploding" only applies to the Big Bang Theory (and barely at that). Planetary formation and cell formation are radically different and quite complex, as is the Big Bang Theory. Trying to lump them all into one "explosion" from which your current reality directly came to be only shows your scientific illiteracy, not an inherent weakness in any one of these well-tested ideas.

    Listen Bill Nye, I wasn't making a conclusive observation on the history of the earth, universe, or life forms. I was posing a question that most people (for the sake of simplicity, not illiteracy) relate to with a single word, "bang." If I need an expert opinion for my next astronomy class, I'll give you ring.





    new york map city. Handcut New York City Map by
  • Handcut New York City Map by



  • LethalWolfe
    Apr 13, 04:00 AM
    I have absolutely no idea what people complaining here about it going non-pro is talking about.

    Did you even watch the coverage? Or did you just look at screenshots?
    Some pro-style questions that have been left unanswered:
    What about XML and EDLs in and out of FCP X?

    What about multicam and multi-clips?

    Can I turn the �magnetic timeline� off?

    Can I turn all the pre-processing that happens on ingest off (if I'm intentionally shaking the camera I *don't* want FCP to auto-stabilize it)?

    How does media management work?

    Is there a Media Manager tool?

    Can I remap the keyboard?

    Is there a better title tool?

    What about multi-user environments?

    Is the app as mouse-centric as it appears to be?

    Are all settings global or can I have project specific settings (such as telling FCP that the capture scratch for Project A is in folder A and the capture scratch for Project B is in folder B)?

    I could go on but I think I've made my point. Now, all of this stuff is pretty mundane to cover the first time they show off the app so I'm not surprised it wasn't mentioned. FCP X still has a lot more questions than answers right now, IMO. I can't wait to learn more about it though.


    Lethal





    new york map city. New York City Subway Map
  • New York City Subway Map



  • Silentwave
    Sep 26, 12:20 AM
    Why would they change the basic configuration of the Mac Pro? The two Clovertown chips will just appear as high end options as soon as they become available.

    Look at the prices. you can get 8 cores (2.33GHz) at the same price that 4 3GHz cores cost you now. My bet is that Woodcrest will see a moderate price drop upon Clovertown's introduction.





    new york map city. New York City map
  • New York City map



  • dethmaShine
    Apr 21, 01:04 PM
    1. What "punch"? If we're going to use arbitrary words, iPhones beat Android to the "desert". FACT
    2. Phone carriers selling Android devices and offering incentives helps the needs of those who do not afford to buy an iPhone but need a smartphone. I fixed it for you.
    3. No, they aren't. Please link some sources stating so?
    4. Sure, I'll give you that if you want to say it's a ripoff. This is a whole other issue.
    5. Sure. It's bound to.
    6. That tends to be the way of the Open Source area.
    7. I'd hope so. Any competitors selling iPhones should probably be sued, since you know, that'd be a blatant rip off.
    8. Sure.
    9. Yes, yes and yes.
    10. They're really just as bad as Apple's fanboys. I've noticed that the only difference in comments from the huge Apple fanboys and anti Apple fanboys are generally the words "Best" and "Worst" get flip flopped.

    1. In terms of marketshare. That's precisely what I meant. It's quite understood. FACT.
    2. But android is helping. There's shouldn't be a doubt. Maybe Apple says NO to that because of brand quality OR Apple cannot afford to lose that profit; whatever is the case, android helps with the help of the carriers or vice versa. FACT.
    3. HTC's quarterly report. Google it. FACT.
    4. But still, its a ripoff. FACT.
    5. True FACT.
    6. FACT FACT.
    7. Again, nitpicking things. FACT is a FACT.
    8. FACTy FACT.
    9. Yes is a FACT.
    10. No, they are not. Go anywhere; youtube, MR, Engadget, TC; they are really pathetic and disgusting; not android users, android fanboys. FACT.

    You forgot

    1. Battlestar Galactica (remake) is the best sci fi show of all time (FACT)
    2. Toaster Strudels are better than Pop Tarts (FACT)
    3. Kennedy was shot by multiple gunman (FACT)
    4. Brian Tong from CNET is worthless (FACT)
    5. SC2 is the best competitive RTS (FACT)
    6. Green is the new pink (FACT)
    7. Lady Ga Ga was NOT born that way (FACT)
    8. Republicans are heartless (FACT)
    9. Democrats promise everything and never deliver (FACT)
    10. OJ did it (FACT)

    FACT. :mad:





    new york map city. new york city airport map
  • new york city airport map



  • chrono1081
    Apr 20, 09:31 PM
    I honestly have no idea how you have the job that you do, because you fail tremendously in this aspect.

    I have the job that I do because I know MUCH more about Windows than you do obviously. If you think what I posted above is a bunch of fud then you really don't know anything about Windows OS or manual malware removal. There is all kinds of ways malware can hide and on Windows many times the only way you know its on the system is by finding altered registry keys, but removing the key doesn't remove the malware so you have to manually dig for files. Most of the time you can find them by looking but some malware uses the feature to hide folders completely even if you tell the system to show all files. If you want a prime example of a virus that does this look up and infect your system with Oboma (yes its spelled incorrectly). It went around our workplace all the time and most of the time it used the file hiding technique mentioned above. Another is WD32Silly (or something close to that). Thats another one that always did it. With over 6,000 users to support I see this stuff all the time.

    EDIT: This is why tools that access files outside the OS are popular, like BartPE and various other packages. You can see these files if Windows is not booted up and your not plugging the drive into another machine.

    Why do they allow the files to be hidden?

    Of course if you used Norton you wouldn't have this problem. :D:D:D

    Actually....we use Symantec which is the the first scanner we use which doesn't find anything ;) Or, to its credit it will find something, but not remove it (hence how we find out the names half of the time). Honestly though you really want multi-layered scanning. If the program on the computer doesn't catch anything it goes to IT and we scan it with other tools, as a last resort we will manually remove it but if it doesn't work or ends up being to "messy" the machine gets re-imaged.





    new york map city. Ny city map
  • Ny city map



  • Doctor Q
    Sep 12, 04:34 PM
    Thread cross-reference: The The Offical iTV Speculation Thread by RedTomato discusses the questions of what the iTV will be able to play.





    new york map city. City of New York : New York
  • City of New York : New York



  • dante@sisna.com
    Oct 26, 03:35 AM
    Open and doing something. Safari, Mail, iTunes, and working in photoshop probably won't benefit much from quad cores. Batching in PS, Aperture and doing a render in FCP would.

    I am on the brink of buying something. What, time will tell. If the quad core does make a marked difference when running PS and at most one background process I'll consider it. Otherwise its a Dual core 2.66 for me.

    I could not disagree with you more. Our G5 and Mac Pro Quads give us an extra production hour, at least, per day, using many of the apps you mentioned above. It is up to the user the know how to push these boxes.

    Just today, we processed 8.7 Gig of Photoshop documents (high res art scans from a lambda flatbed of 4x8 foot originals at 300 dpi -- i know the artist was crazy, but it is what we GOT.) -- We open all this data over 20 docs, changed RGB to CMYK, adjusted color, resized to a normal size, sharpened, added masks and saved. We did all this in 40 minutes -- that is 2 minutes per average size doc of 600MB.

    Are you really going to tell me that my G5 Dual 2.7 could hang like this.

    No Way -- We had activity monitor open -- Photoshop used an average of 72% off ALL FOUR PROCESSORS.

    We did use safari at the same time to download a template for the art book (250 MG) and we had a DVD ripping via Mac the Ripper as well.

    Quad Core Rules. Soon to be OCTO.





    new york map city. New City, NY map
  • New City, NY map



  • edifyingGerbil
    Apr 26, 12:32 PM
    Christianity, especially Catholicism has it's own colorful (blood red) history.


    As I said elsewhere there is no moral equivalence. It took Augustine's and Aquinas' great rambling treatises to justify warfare, for instance.

    In the Qur'an and the Hadith war is encouraged and its virtues extolled.

    I wish people would stop trying to equate the wars of Christianity (and of that mainly Western Christianity) with Islam's modern terrorism and calls for warfare against the infidel.

    In Islamic Law non-muslims are considered najiss, that means ritually impure, down to our souls, our essences. Christians are reviled especially because they practice "shirk", a law forbidding the joining of others to allah. Jews are designated as apes and pigs in the Qur'an.

    there is no equivalence between Islam and Christianity.





    new york map city. new york city map subway.
  • new york city map subway.



  • samcraig
    Mar 18, 10:09 AM
    X2 - I think they are going to require "real" proof that the user is tethering. What is to say the user is not just using a lot of data via the phone? I am sorry, but this really appears of a way to transfer people away from the unlimited plan.

    Another reason for folks to move over to Verizon

    The incorrect assumption would be that ATT could never or can't or however you want to phrase it determine if you are using date via tether or not.

    And there are always ways. As someone who works for a major IT firm - there are always ways.

    Just because ATT didn't act on it before doesn't mean they couldn't tell. And just because they didn't act on it before - doesn't mean they aren't entitled to do it now. It's at their discretion as to pursue or not pursue breaches in the agreement.





    new york map city. Central New York
  • Central New York



  • aegisdesign
    Oct 26, 05:00 AM
    That was with the flicker filter on max, and a minor color corection using the color corrector.

    Maybe the drives couldn't feed the CPUs fast enough. This is going to be a problem going forward unless Apple gets hardware RAID in there,





    new york map city. New York City, NY Maps
  • New York City, NY Maps



  • munkery
    May 3, 12:15 AM
    Yes, and that prevents AntiVirus 2010 from successfully collecting credit card info too.

    Check out this quote about the latest variant of that Windows malware called Antivirus 2011.

    You're blocked from executing anything else, including trying to run your real anti-virus program.

    This virus program renders your entire computer useless until you can get it removed. And some of its many variants are becoming immune to existing removal tools.

    From here, http://detnews.com/article/20110502/BIZ04/105020317/1013/rss12

    BTW, it renders Windows useless by corrupting the registry. No registry in OS X.

    Luckily, this type of malware on a Mac is not nearly as bad if your clumsy enough to get infected. You can even remove it from the account that is infected without having to boot into a safe mode.

    This post made me have to edit a previous post. Thought I should quote it,

    Problems with Windows security in comparison to Mac OS X presented just in this thread:

    1) Greater number of privilege escalation vulnerabilities:

    Here is a list of privilege escalation (UAC bypass) vulnerabilities just related to Stuxnet (win32k.sys) in Windows in 2011:

    http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=win32k.sys+2011

    Here is a list of all of the privilege escalation vulnerabilities in Mac OS X in 2011:

    http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvekey.cgi?keyword=Mac+OS+X+privileges+2011

    2) Earlier versions of NT based Windows (Windows XP and earlier) do not use discretionary access controls by default.

    3) Permissions system does not include a user defined unique identifier (password) by default. More susceptible to user space exploitation leading to authentication stolen via spoofed prompt that appears unrelated to UAC because password not associated with authentication.

    4) Windows sandbox mechanism relies on inherited permissions so that turning off UAC turns off the sandbox. This sandbox has been defeated in the wild (in the last two pwn2owns).

    I do not know of any TrustedBSD MAC framework (BSD and Mac sandbox), AppArmor (openSUSE and Ubuntu), or SE Linux (Fedora) mandatory access control escapes? These sandbox mechanisms do not rely on inherited permissions.

    5) The Windows registry is a single point of failure that can be leveraged by malware.





    new york map city. New York City Hotels Map
  • New York City Hotels Map



  • Moyank24
    Mar 25, 03:49 PM
    You have to prove the rights existed in the first place otherwise I could argue the government is denying my right to drive a tank



    The Catholic view does not demand the death of homosexuals, instead it seeks to change the behavior for they are lost sheep.

    Why should we have to prove that we have the right to be married? Either we all are allowed or none of us should be allowed. Why are you more important than I am? Why should you be allowed to get married and I can't?

    And your lost sheep comment is exactly what is wrong with the Catholic view. We aren't lost and we certainly don't need to change our ways based on archaic principals and hypocrisy.

    The Vatican needs to clean it's own house and stay out of mine.





    new york map city. of the City of New York.
  • of the City of New York.



  • charliehustle
    Oct 8, 12:18 PM
    Actually, to a degree it is...

    huh? how so?
    so because a Ferrari has better quality, it will sell larger numbers than a Honda Civic that more people can afford..
    I don't believe you



    Yea, just like Microsoft did... whoops...

    Traditionally, Microsoft aimed Windows Mobile at corporations that wanted Windows as a standard across PCs and handhelds

    you're using the failure of one company as an excuse for another one..
    different people, different enterprise..
    Using that logic, apple should not even be making computers, due to their fall down prior to being saved by the ipod..

    Microsoft is not Google..
    How many microsoft apps do you use on your iphone? Do you use them more than Google products?
    I bet you use Google maps, Google search.






    Microsoft taking an open hardware approach has very little to do with their success. Its a side affect. A coincidence. Look at the video game market for further proof. MS doesn't take the desktop approach with the X-box - they parleyed their gaming successes on Windows to ease developers onto a closed hardware device. Nintendo has done that for years with their franchise characters. You cannot get a more closed ecosystem than Video games - and they are continuously successful. Even MS exploits closed ecosystems and they are finally making a profit (they would have earlier if they could have released a hardware system that wasn't so defective).

    the point I was trying to make was more of a business plan compared to open or closed. I guess people are assuming all these phones are going to be priced the same (apple vs others), I highly doubt that..

    in the business world, there are different markets and demographics, and yes, the iphone does well across the board, but you have to look at everything including price, cost of plans, and so on..

    you might not see kids in grade 8 getting iphones, because their parents dont' want spend that that much money,
    you can have a number of different situations.. but apple only has one product, and they're trying to market it toward everyone..

    google will be positioned better to target different demographics compared to apple..

    what if a user wants actual buttons to type on (yes people like that still do exist) how can apple make any money off them?
    essentially, apple just lost a customer, and you can't make assumptions that all people want full touch screens..

    some people might not like the look of the iphone,

    google is giving people a choice of which handset they want, and this will result in them selling a higher number of phones..


    Insulting people does not help your case.

    It just bothers me when people have a very biased and closed minded opinions when it comes to apple..
    I wasn't talking about anyone specifically, so sorry if I offended anyone..





    new york map city. GPS-enabled map and directions
  • GPS-enabled map and directions



  • skunk
    Mar 27, 03:10 PM
    But I'm still waiting for you to tell me exactly what point I missed.The point, though it's off-topic, is that your RC friend (that's a homophone, by the way) wanted, for reasons best known to himself, to communicate with you in Latin, but to translate a "sign of contradiction" you have to use the word for "sign" as in signifier (n), rather than the word for "sign" as in sign your name (vb). He obviously looked up the wrong meaning and thus mangled his translation.





    new york map city. Close Up Map Image NEW YORK
  • Close Up Map Image NEW YORK



  • Wilbah
    May 5, 12:09 PM
    iphone user since day 1.. I was verizon prior.. I live in central NJ, commute into NYC.. my service is so awful that I no longer talk on the phone.. seriously, my communication habits have changed.

    At home, I drop literally half of my calls inside and out, on the road, a little less but still a joke by any standard. If you check the map, I live in a high coverage, full 3G zone, it's not like I live in the sticks....

    When I first upgraded to the 3GS from my 2G, I noticed a marked improvement so I thought maybe it was the original 2G phone, but now, over the last few weeks the service has gotten so bad that I am ready to dump it and move on. I really just need a phone that works and doesn't give me high blood pressure every time I pick it up to get on a call.

    The problem is that the iPhone and some of the apps I utilize have become integral parts of my workflow, so it won't be an easy change.

    Yesterday I called AT&T for the first time in months and just yelled at everyone I could until I was good and satisfied. I've already gotten them to give me refunds (several time) it's not about the money anymore.

    I just really wish they'd invest some of the loads of cash they're taking to upgrade their network, especially in the busiest metro areas that are the hardest hit. Or perhaps maybe even invent a new method relieve pressure on their network (something along the lines of the micro-cell but more widespread)?

    They should also RUSH the micro cell to all markets immediately, and GIVE it to people! Seriously.. for the money we pay, they should GIVE the microcell away to anyone on AT&T who will take it. It will relieve pressure on their network and possibly save them from additional towers.

    The device is cheap comparatively .. and we are the ones who are paying for the internet connection that it utilizes! For the nearly $6,000 I've given AT&T over the last 3 years (we have 3 iPhones on a plan) I think it's only fair they give us a service that at the very least they are trying to improve.





    new york map city. Village New York City Map
  • Village New York City Map



  • Dan--
    Mar 18, 07:32 AM
    On a limited plan, the carriers have NO business saying how the data should be used. You pay for the data, and they do NOTHING to provide the service of tethering. But I agree that on an unlimited plan, tethering is a little like someone said, going to an all-you-can-eat-buffet, paying for one, and then sharing. Of course, you're not likely to be tethering all the time that you're paying for the service, so not exactly the same.

    What the carriers should do is make tethering completely, 100% free for anyone on a capped plan, and replace the current "unlimited" plan with 2 plans - one that costs the same, but has a cap of say 2GB over the next lower plan, and another that's a true unlimited plan that adds and includes the cost of tethering.

    This kind of cr*p makes me mad.

    Dan





    new york map city. Old map by George Hayward
  • Old map by George Hayward



  • rturner2
    Apr 9, 08:59 PM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Why doesnt Apple allow you to plug a controller in the 30 pin adaptor? Wouldnt that be the best of both worlds?

    I agree! I need some buttons. Or wireless via Bluetooth even better.





    new york map city. 5.5 hours from New York City
  • 5.5 hours from New York City



  • crackbookpro
    Apr 13, 11:52 AM
    I'm getting this, but I will still be using FC Studio 7 a ton... I agree with both sides a lot on these ongoing threads/disagreements on the new release of FCPX.

    I altogether, do think it will be a great release, I just know some want some other features, functions, benefits... and are waiting.





    Apple OC
    Apr 23, 05:42 PM
    exactly ^^^ you either believe or you don't





    Elfear
    Nov 2, 06:47 PM
    I'm not sure how the app (Maya) itself scales but the rendering in Mental Ray scales perfectly. 4 cpus render twice as fast as 2, 6 cpus render 3 times as fast as 2. That's if all the cpus are the same of course.

    Is that what you were asking?



    Yup. That was exactly what I needed to know. I just didn't want to recommend that my buddy buy two quadcores unless it was going to help out his render times. Thanks again.





    nixd2001
    Oct 12, 03:34 PM
    Originally posted by ddtlm
    Wow I missed a lot by spending all of Friday away from this board. I am way behind in posts here, and I'm sure I'll miss a lot of things worth comment. But anyway, the code fragment:


    Is a very poor benchmark. Compilers may be able to really dig into that and make the resulting executable perform the calculate radically different. In fact, I can tell you the answer outright: x1=20000, x2=20000, x3 = 400000000. It took me 2 seconds or so. Does this mean that I am a better computer than a G4 and a P4? No, it means I realized that the loop can be reduced to simple data assignments. I have a better compiler, thats it.

    I'll see about adding more thoughts later.

    there is a lot a compiler could do to this - by us all (well, those who have the interest in the assembler output of a compiler at least) having a look at what the respective compilers have done, we can form more of an informed opinion of what works out to the benefit of the P4 for this case. This might all be a bit geeky, but I am intersted at least.





    Multimedia
    Oct 21, 10:03 AM
    lmao and just to add, DAMN that is alot of coresNot if you use applications that are Core Hogs. Compressing video with Toast uses up to 4 cores per instance. Compressing video with Handbrake uses up to 3 cores per instance. So, no, it's not a lot of cores at all and I will be buying a 16 core then a 32 core Mac Pro the day they ship as well. :eek:





    sprakope
    Aug 29, 11:21 AM
    Besides, I said that Apple is doing what they can.

    Actually, the last shareholder meeting had the vote to start the computer recycling program. The board of directors recommended that the shareholders vote "No" but the shareholders decided that the recycling program was important.

    I love Apple as much as the next guy, but that recommendation was irresponsible and backwards. Apple deserves this bad press.

    [edited to fix the quote. i quoted the wrong post]



    No comments:

    Post a Comment