Friday, May 13, 2011

new york city street pictures

new york city street pictures. New York City,
  • New York City,



  • SandynJosh
    Apr 9, 02:03 PM
    Um... it is actually.

    Hardcore is defined as the "the most active member of a group or sub-class of individuals" used an an adjective as it is in hardcore gamer that means "the most active gamer".

    Hardcore means the gamers that game the most. If you have a Mac there is a great dictionary app built in.

    Here's what a hardcore gamer is: ;)





    new york city street pictures. new york subway 125th street
  • new york subway 125th street



  • Apple OC
    Apr 22, 09:19 PM
    I would be willing to bet that if given time this thread will be a carbon copy of that one.
    That thread should be stickied, because I can't really think of any issue(relevant to this topic) we didn't cover in it.

    well let it be the Mods to merge them ... why tell someone to post in an old thread that died and tell them not to post in this thread?





    new york city street pictures. 42nd Street, New York City,
  • 42nd Street, New York City,



  • supmango
    Mar 18, 12:02 PM
    You realize there's a difference between those that "man" the CSR phones and the people responsible for the IT infrastructure, billing, etc, right?

    Of course there is a difference. But only in the individuals I am dealing with. My personal experience with AT&T (~2 years ago) is that they have difficulty communicating very basic information internally. This is things like upgrade eligibility, data plan pricing (between corporate and personal); you know, the stuff you can get pretty easily on the website. Now why would this be for a "telecom" company? This piece of evidence points to a pattern of incompetence that likely goes pretty deep. And, if in fact people are getting these threats from AT&T, and they call to discuss it with them, good luck getting any good information from the rep on the other end of the phone as to how they know this is happening.

    As other's have pointed out, it seems like there are a few legal loopholes in what AT&T is trying to do. If they send you a message and you don't call, it's on you and they can do that (in the contract). If they change your terms of service, they have to notify you within 30 days, and you can cancel the rest of your contract. If, however, you call and they can't provide sufficient evidence of what they are accusing you of doing, and they are changing your terms no matter what, you have the right to terminate service. My guess is that they won't want you to do that, unless they have evidence that you are overloading their network. In which case, I think they can change your terms and not let you out of the contract (if someone wants to look that up, great, I don't really care enough to do it).

    Someone who has received one of these messages needs to call and see what they say, and then post back. I am really curious about what kind of evidence they give you. It might be something as simple as targeting high-volume users and accusing them of tethering (as others have already mentioned).

    Just because the person that answers your call doesn't know what is going on behind the scenes doesn't mean ATT isn't FULLY aware of who is and who is not tethering or what websites you are viewing, etc.

    Perhaps, but it took them long enough to figure it out, or at least to take any action on it.

    It's one thing to have that information, its another thing to access it and get a report on usage patterns that reliably determines that it us tethering usage. Internet usage can vary widely depending on the user. So it almost requires a human eye to look at it and make that determination. Even then, it can be a hard call.

    If people aren't being careful about what they are doing online while tethered (for example, they are doing things their iPhones cannot do natively), it's pretty simple for AT&T to see that kind of activity. But someone who is smart about it can probably get by indefinitely.

    I think AT&T is starting to panicking about the people who are leaving to go to Verizon. They need to make sure they are milking every dime they can get out of the iPhone users they still have.





    new york city street pictures. New York City, USA
  • New York City, USA



  • jared_kipe
    Mar 18, 04:07 PM
    More like the wrath-of-Jobs! :rolleyes:



    Same thing.





    new york city street pictures. New York City Bamp;W Limited
  • New York City Bamp;W Limited



  • thatsallfolks
    Apr 5, 09:40 PM
    I'm was a complete Mac virgin when I switched a couple of months ago but some of the small things that still annoy me.

    1. Pressing delete when you've selected a file in finder doesn't delete the file. You've gotta use the context menu or <gasp> actually drag it to the garbage.

    2. It's kinda' weird that the menu bar shows at the top of the screen and not the window. When you have alot of windows open I sometimes go into the menu bar thinking it belongs to another program than what I intended.

    3. There's no ".." button in finder(i.e. go one level up a directory structure)

    4. Not having an actual uninstall program procedure kind of makes me paranoid.

    I do love the magic mouse and obviously Macs look slicker than PCs so overall I guess I'm satisfied and I'm sure any reasonable person would be as well but from what I've seen of Windows 7 I would think most reasonable people would be happy with that too.





    new york city street pictures. Top attractions in New York
  • Top attractions in New York



  • leekohler
    Apr 24, 04:50 AM
    Seriously? It's Santa Claus for adults. Lots of wishful thinking and not accepting reality. But we are definitely immortal in the sense that when we die, we feed the ground that helps feed other organisms. We may die as personalities, but everything we are feeds some other life form. I think that's beautiful. I don't want to live forever, that would be horrible. I would just like to think that while I was alive, I helped someone be happy or made others' lives easier.

    I have been blessed with an athletic and healthy body. Other people are not so lucky. I see people with CP or Parkinson's or other illnesses, and all I can think about is how I can help those folks. You all know that hockey has become important to me in the last few months since I started playing-it has changed me in ways I can't explain. It's made me a new person. It is that one thing I thought I could never do, and now at 44, I am playing with guys who are 21 years old and I freak them out. And they have helped me out too. "Dude, no way, you are pretty damn good." I love that. :) I want to help other people do the same. I only have maybe what? 10 years to play this game at a competitive level if I'm lucky?

    Lots of programs I want to get involved with for physically challenged kids and hockey. It is just such a great confidence builder:

    http://www.mapetfoundation.org/prensa/angel_02_22_04/MAPET_Angels_eng.pdf
    http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/news/national/disabled-kids-even-score-with-sled-hockey

    Point is- for all we know, we get one time here. Let's make the best of it by having fun and helping everyone we can.

    So screw a "god" or whatever. There is no such thing. We live and we should be thankful that we are here now. We only get so much time. Let's make the best of it.





    new york city street pictures. New York City#39;s Summer Streets
  • New York City#39;s Summer Streets



  • MorphingDragon
    Apr 30, 04:34 AM
    They are built in a way so they can work 24/7 for years without overheating. At home I use a dual Xeon setup. You know what's a Xeon right? So... if it's a server chip how come do I have it on my desktop PC???

    Dumba$$

    If you have Xeon Chips you'll have a Server or Workstation motherboard most likely with ECC RAM. Sorry dude, you have a workstation. :rolleyes:





    new york city street pictures. first in New York City.
  • first in New York City.



  • Applejuice
    Oct 26, 04:59 AM
    anyone know how loud the new 8-core pros might be? probably impossible to speculate, but i would imagine that it will produce more heat and need better cooling than any of the current offerings.





    new york city street pictures. New York City Street
  • New York City Street



  • Andronicus
    Apr 28, 12:57 PM
    It doesn't matter what you think. It only matters what people are buying. Many are buying iPads for browsing/facebook/farmville instead of another HP or Dell laptop.

    And a Mac or Dell PC needs a computer to be usable. Several of them. There's a computer (maybe two) inside the disk drive that it boots from, the mouse, and any access points or routers that it uses to connect to the net. Etc.

    Well it doesn't matter what you think either then! :p

    And that's a stupid argument, I'm pretty sure 99% of people on this forum understood what I meant when I said, a computer shouldn't need a computer to be usable. :rolleyes:





    new york city street pictures. Chinatown, New York City
  • Chinatown, New York City



  • wdogmedia
    Aug 29, 02:41 PM
    cars may have produced 100x less CO2 forty years ago. but today there 100x more cars on the road.

    Absolutely 100% false.

    According to the American Automobile Manufacturer's Association, there were 169,994,128 vehicles in the world in 1970. As of 2001 there were 450 million.

    Fine, then...per car, modern vehicles are now only 38 times cleaner than they were forty years ago. )





    new york city street pictures. High-Rise in New York City
  • High-Rise in New York City



  • DemSpursBro
    Apr 9, 06:49 AM
    Heat is a mixed bag. For "normal" use (we browsing, etc...) I find the situation better than the typical PC. I hated the Dell notebook work had issued me because it sounded like a wind tunnnel at idle. Gaming, or other intensive use of the system does generate a lot of heat and I would not recommend using it on your unprotected lap under those circumstances.


    If you're talking about pre-built PC's, Dell in particular, than yes, most will heat around the same or worse than a Mac. However Dell and HP are known to be very bad brands. If we're talking laptops, then depending on the model you buy, some may also have heating issues that other brands will not. If we're talking PC desktops, hopefully you've built your own, but if you didn't you can install more fans, a better heatsink, better thermal paste, etc. without voiding your warranty. Last time I checked, if you open your Mac, it voids your warranty.





    new york city street pictures. New York City street aerial
  • New York City street aerial



  • SandynJosh
    Apr 9, 04:19 AM
    Gaming on idevices is for nubes. Live on PS3, Xbox and the future NGP.

    Let me watch you play those on the subway. This is all about portable gaming.





    new york city street pictures. Related Projects. 23 East 22nd
  • Related Projects. 23 East 22nd



  • awmazz
    Mar 15, 10:59 AM
    I don't think you understand

    What the hell are you talking about? You don't even make any sense.

    Do you have the slightest inkling..? Do you have an inkling ..?

    Do you think the reactor is a jar of cookies?

    Any idea?

    you think 9/11 was a hoax too, right?

    Might need an extra layer of tinfoil on that hat of yours.

    who would try to build a lousy wall to combat that?

    Are you sure they weren't mistaking a levy for a "tsunami wall"?

    You're really being out of line.

    No, of course he didn't. If he tried to, he surely didn't understand it.

    I think you're a very paranoid individual

    I'm guessing you also don't understand

    I haven't seen you try to take down any of the nuclear experts posted, or address a single bit of science

    I don't even know why I waste my time.

    I know exactly why you waste your time. Because it makes you feel intellectually superior.

    Like I said. You may know atomics. I know people. :cool:





    new york city street pictures. New York City Street at Night
  • New York City Street at Night



  • flopticalcube
    Apr 25, 10:47 AM
    Sense tells me that the truth value of God's existence is unknowable. However, in my opinion, it's not just unknowable but also totally irrelevant for how we should live. In other words, it is not important to know if there is a God or not. Is that closer to agnosticism or to atheism (if we separate these two notions completely)?

    Absolutely correct. It is irrelevant because it is unknowable so let's not pretend or imagine or try to know the unknowable. Let's live our lives in peace.

    Floptical cube's post sounds like an excellent description of agnosticism. But every atheist I've ever met has believed that there's God.

    I think it's important to remember that, although people can feel emotions about beliefs, beliefs aren't emotions. I don't feel that there's a God. I believe that there is one. I feel happiness, sadness, loneliness, hurt, and so forth. I believe that those feelings exist, but I don't believe that happiness, say, is either a truth or a falsehood. I don't believe that it's a conformity between my intellect and reality. My belief that there's a pine tree in my front yard is true because there is a pine tree there that causes my belief to be true. The tree will still be there 10 minutes from now, even if someone or something fools me into believing that it's gone. The truth or falsehood of my belief depends on the way things are in the world. I can't cause that tree to exist by merely believing that it does exist. I can't make it stop existing by simply believing that it doesn't exist, can I?

    I certainly feel that most atheists are what I would call agnostic atheists. They lack belief in a god but leave the question of such a being existing either open and yet to be proved or unknowable and, therefore, pointless to contemplate. Only a so-called gnostic atheist would say they have seen sufficient evidence to convince them there is no god and I have not seen to many of them in my travels. It's more likely that they have yet to see sufficient evidence so, while they do not specifically believe in his existence, they cannot categorically deny it either. The blurry line between atheism and agnosticism is fairly crowded, I think.





    new york city street pictures. New York City street art:
  • New York City street art:



  • Multimedia
    Oct 13, 09:00 PM
    Hmph... I haven't been to the Dell forums in a while or I probably wouldv'e seen that. Oh, well. Already ordered my other 30" display the other day, I'm not going to complain. :cool:The one I ordered the other day shipped yesterday and I'm expecting delivery on monday. I requested the forum coupon and will see if they will credit me. But I don't know. i'm not planning on going through the brain damage of ordering another monitor with the coupon and sending one back just to save ~$100.I currently have a 30" Dell that I bought last year when Dell first introduced them. I love the thing... My only gripe is 1 stuck pixel, but Dell requires like 7 or more to replace and I didn't swap the monitor within my 30-day window because the pixel didn't show up until after nearly 3 months. :(

    I have an Apple 30" on my other G5 quad and I've never had the two side by side, but I think I like the Dell one better. I use a Gefen 4x1 DVI DL Switcher (Parallel Control) $899 (http://www.gefen.com/kvm/product.jsp?prod_id=3499) and have the G5 and two PC systems connected to the Dell with an extra cable for my MBP or whatnot if I want to connect that. I ordered the second 30" because I'm going to expand my desktop to dual 30" displays. :D I had to order another Gefen switcher for the second monitor too since the G5 and one of my PC boxes both support dual-link DVI out of both DVI ports as will the Mac Pro I'm planning to buy in the near future.Yeah, rxse7en -- you da man!

    I had been considering getting another one of these 30" Dell monitors since I love the one I've got and as big as it is, when working on compositing images from two or three 1080p sources, doubling my desktop space would be a dream. I pulled the trigger on one the other day with the recent price drop plus Dell's 15% off. Then this coupon came along. I called up Dell and they refused to apply the coupon at first so I just threw at them, well how about I cancel my order, refuse shipment and order another monitor with the coupon. ;) The guy thought about it for a bit and then decided to adjust my order.

    It should be here monday, but I still have to get a sales tax issue cleared up... They charged me too much tax to begin with and then also didn't adjust it when altering my invoice. So I live in an area where I'm supposed to pay a max of 4.6% yet I'm getting charged nearly 8% of the pre-adjusted amount. Ouch. :mad:I am so glad you tried and succeeded in getting that discount. That's great. Hope you didn't suffer too much brain damage ripping on that sales rep. Wish I could have heard that. lol. :p

    Want to have a contest to see who can have their 8-Core Mac Pro delivered first? I will have to drive to Santa Clara 35 miles to buy an Apple gift card so I can complete my online purchase so you might be able to beat me.

    Please share with us what config you will buy and why. I plan on buying only the 1GB model and buying my RAM from Omni Optival - only 2 more GB. So far it looks like my multi-threaded apps do not use much ram at all while using up to 4 cores EACH. So they're RAM stingy and Core HOGS. I am not getting this for Photoshop but for compressing video in 2 to 4 simultaneous applications.





    new york city street pictures. New York Taxi Number 1 - New
  • New York Taxi Number 1 - New



  • Lord Blackadder
    Mar 13, 08:00 PM
    None of the studies I have read proposing this, have suggested the sort of ecological impact you are implying. This is pure, unadulterated, BS.

    There is absolutely no need to be insulting. Quote your "studies", first of all, but I find your assertion pretty bizarre as originally stated - mostly because Death Valley is almost entirely subsumed within Death Valley National Park. Unless you something we don't know, there is zero chance that you are going to be installing a 100 square mile solar array in the park. Not to mention the mountainous topography.

    Solar panels are a useful supplement to other power sources in certain regions where favorable environmental conditions exist. But no more than that I'm afraid. In fact, it is obvious to me that there is no direct replacement for fossil fuels and nuclear energy - replacing them will require both 1) an increase in global energy efficiency in order to reduce power demands, and 2) aggressive implementation of wind, hydro, geothermal, and solar sources, among others. No single magical technology improvement is going to come along to alleviate our energy crisis.

    Finally, there is tremendous social, political, and economic pressure to continue using fossil fuels and nuclear energy rather than the alternatives. Even though alternatives are now more prevalent than before and enjoy increasing popularity, fossil fuel and nuclear energy are going to be used heavily until all the fuel is exhausted.





    new york city street pictures. Street, New York City
  • Street, New York City



  • econgeek
    Apr 12, 11:07 PM
    I can't even believe I was arguing with someone who things that magic bullet and Color are even remotely the same thing.

    Goodnight, junior.

    I can't believe there are people such as yourself with such a stark lack of integrity that you would lie about what I have said in order to insult me... and simultaneously lack the basic wisdom to recognize that quoting me saying what I actually said in the very message where you tell the lie makes the lie obvious to anyone with basic comprehension skills.

    I mentioned the likelihood of a plugin system that would allow grading, and I mentioned magic bullet:
    http://www.redgiantsoftware.com/products/all/magic-bullet-looks/

    I never said that it and color were "the same", I just gave it as an example of something, like Color, that could be integrated into the app workflow via a plugin architecture. I never made a comparison between them, not that comparing a color grading tool like color to magic bullet looks, which is a color grading tool, is all that radical a notion-- if I had made the comparison.

    I'm amazed, if this stark lack of basic integrity and honesty, isn't just you hiding behind an alias online, that you could ever maintain gainful employment acting this way.

    You owe me an apology.





    new york city street pictures. 40 Wall Street, New York City
  • 40 Wall Street, New York City



  • Thunderhawks
    Apr 13, 07:13 AM
    Ugh... you guys speak as if you are all full-time film editors...

    The new features are amazing! The hall that they presented at, well they were pretty much all "pros" in the industry. They were all pretty much PSYCHED about these features..

    For what it's worth, I'm a film production major...

    Bet you that guy doesn't even know what he is talking about.

    He just likes to rattle the (APPLE) cage:-)

    He is addicted to MR and Apple and has a hard time to approve of anything Apple does.

    Funny though he uses their products!





    new york city street pictures. New York City.quot;
  • New York City.quot;



  • Chaos123x
    Apr 13, 12:43 AM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

    Day one purchase. Been dying to get all of my 8 cores working in FCP for years.

    Of course I'm gonna keep my current FCP installed till the bugs are fixed and I learn the new version.





    benixau
    Oct 12, 10:41 AM
    for crying out load, who cares if a pc can do its sums better than a mac. My brother does maths better than me but i kick him in english.

    In other words if i am more productive on my mac then it doesnt matter that it might be a little 'slower' it is a faster machine because i can work faster. End of story. New Thread.





    Multimedia
    Sep 26, 06:26 PM
    well i might be getting a mac pro soon (not sure yet)

    but if i do, my question is when will we see an 8-core mac pro?Revised semantic perfection:Probably November or December at the latest. It will Probably simply be a Dual Clovertown Processor option added to the current BTO page with a new processor pricing lineup. It will Probably be a silent upgrade with a press release.How do you know this for a fact? :confused:I don't. But since they ship in November, I imagine Apple will roll them into the line in December since it's simply a matter of installing a different pair of processors into the same motherboard without even a firmware update. I could be wrong. Went back to the original post and revised it.





    pmz
    Mar 18, 09:27 AM
    Go look up the words: entitlement, spoiled, ignorance and unfounded :)

    What the hell is your problem? AT&T has broken the law. Are you content with that?

    Do you think it's appropriate for any company to sell an unlimited service, and make every attempt possible to limit it?





    aristobrat
    Mar 18, 09:37 AM
    What contract did I physically sigm when I got my phone? The only thing I signed was a credit card receipt.
    Where'd you buy your iPhone?





    AppliedVisual
    Oct 26, 10:39 AM
    128 cores by 2010... That might be a little ambitious. I'd definitely buy one though. ;)



    No comments:

    Post a Comment