Saturday, May 14, 2011

mothers day quotes

mothers day quotes. mothers day quotes for cards.
  • mothers day quotes for cards.



  • tdar
    Sep 12, 04:04 PM
    It looks like iTV will be Apple's way of doing what Microsoft's pika extenders do for Windows Media Center. I think this is smart.....hate to break it to some of you but most people do not want a computer in the LR. A quiet CE device that is networked to a computer you already have..... thats as far as we are going to be able to push the mainstream just now.





    mothers day quotes. 10 Impressive Mother#39;s Day
  • 10 Impressive Mother#39;s Day



  • WiiDSmoker
    Apr 20, 10:04 PM
    Also built-in to the OS just go to settings-->personnel hotspot and flick the switch to on after heeding advice that additional charges may apply consult your carrier.

    A file system could be useful, better notifications I can really understand.
    "real" multitasking no-one has every been able to define a real world use that suggests that Apple's take on mobile multi-tasking means I'm missing out of function.

    I know it's not "real" ie programme has free-rain to do what it pleases in the background. But how is it anymore than a marketing tag for geeks?

    Outside of Apple's app and music apps, all other applications go into a saved state; i.e. not running in the background.





    mothers day quotes. Mothers Day Messages, Quotes
  • Mothers Day Messages, Quotes



  • mcarnes
    Sep 20, 02:02 AM
    But it sure looks better than it sounds...;)

    :p Good one.





    mothers day quotes. mothers day quotes from the
  • mothers day quotes from the



  • ChrisA
    Sep 12, 06:40 PM
    So what is this thing, anyway? .... I've seen no indication if it does or does not have a hard drive.

    Who cares if it has a hard drive if you hve at least one other computer on your network you can "share" a folder and then the iTV will act as if it does have a hard drive..

    My guess.. iTV is a mini with no optical drive, a very small hard drive (to store the software and hold a small local cache) and an Intel video chip that can do HD formats

    I can envision a third party device that has the same form factor as the iTV so it could stack on or under it. This gadget would have a cable TV tunner and digitizer and connect to the iTV via USB. This way cable TV shows could be saved automatically to your iTunes library where they would show up in the Front Row menu. I doubt Apple would offer this but I'll bet someoe else will.

    Is the Ethernet port 100BaseT or Gigabit? How many iTVs can you have on one network. Can a Mac Pro stream 2, 10 or 20 video streams. I can see this used in an educational setting. A school could keep large numbers of recored lectures on a server. Students could water on big screens, thier PC/Mac or on an iPod. There are uses for this other than to feed the typical brain dead TV zombie





    mothers day quotes. Mother#39;s Day Quotes
  • Mother#39;s Day Quotes



  • rhett7660
    Mar 27, 11:44 AM
    So much for taking the higher road and preaching everyone is equal etc etc etc. What a bunch of hipacrits.





    mothers day quotes. mothers day quotes and sayings
  • mothers day quotes and sayings



  • TangoCharlie
    Jul 12, 06:52 AM
    Xeon! Conroe (Core 2 Duo)is going in the iMac

    No, I believe Apple will pop the Core 2 Duo Merom into the iMac. It's supposedly a drop-in replacement for the current Core Duo processor the iMac currently uses.

    Additionally, the Edu-iMac won't be upgraded for a while yet, so that when the new Merom iMac _is_ released (WWDC), there will be a bigger difference between the Edu-iMac and the full iMac.

    I'm _sure_ that Apple has a surpise for us wrt the Conroe /Conroe XE CPU.... a nice smallish desktop Mac (we can hope, can't we?) :cool:





    mothers day quotes. Very Funny Mothers Day Quotes
  • Very Funny Mothers Day Quotes



  • Cutwolf
    Mar 18, 11:30 AM
    Found it:

    "Furthermore, plans (unless specifically designated for tethering usage) cannot be used for any applications that tether the device (through use of, including without limitation, connection kits, other phone/smartphone to computer accessories, BLUETOOTH� or any other wireless technology) to Personal Computers (including without limitation, laptops), or other equipment for any purpose. Accordingly, AT&T reserves the right to (i) deny, disconnect, modify and/or terminate Service, without notice, to anyone it believes is using the Service in any manner prohibited or whose usage adversely impacts its wireless network or service levels or hinders access to its wireless network, including without limitation, after a significant period of inactivity or after sessions of excessive usage and (ii) otherwise protect its wireless network from harm, compromised capacity or degradation in performance, which may impact legitimate data flows."

    Interesting. All AT&T has to do is believe you're tethering and they can modify your plan? I'm going to keep tethering, and if they try to change my plan, get out of my contract with no ETF. Id also be very curious to see how the "believe" provision would hold up in court if they had no other proof than an increase in data usage. I'm guessing not very well.





    mothers day quotes. mothers day quotes and
  • mothers day quotes and



  • citizenzen
    Mar 28, 11:49 AM
    He wouldn't have to: he wears his dogma on his sleeve.

    Is that your dogma, or are you just happy to see me?





    mothers day quotes. Mother#39;s Day Quotes Mother#39;s
  • Mother#39;s Day Quotes Mother#39;s



  • mac jones
    Mar 12, 04:49 AM
    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

    Common sense would tell you the reactor itself didn't explode some 4 hours ago.

    Don't you think if that had been the case the headlines would be everywhere? Considering it would trigger large government response and evacuations, it wouldn't exactly be easy to hide, and given how the media jumps at any bone any source throws them just to be first rather than accurate should show that it wasn't the reactor itself because all they are reporting is an unknown explosion. These plants aren't exactly simple, "Here's the gate, there's the reactor." They are very complex, large facilities with many many parts.

    Something exploded at the complex facility, but it wasn't the reactor.

    Not gonna bother replying to the rest at this point being I'm on a phone.

    You sure about this? I hope your right.





    mothers day quotes. mothers day quotes from son.
  • mothers day quotes from son.



  • appleguy123
    Apr 22, 10:42 PM
    I'm not referring to my beliefs, nor am I interested in discussing them. I'm simply curious if there are specifically identifiable elements of religion as we know it that is uniquely off-putting to so many people. I'm trying to understand what makes it so detestable to some.
    My objection to religion is faith. Nothing more, nothing less.
    I think that accepting demonstrably stupid claims( virgin birth, transubtansiation, creationism) on blind faith. These claims are huge and should be supported with huge amount of evidence for people to be expected to stake their afterlife on them.





    mothers day quotes. mothers day quotes from son.
  • mothers day quotes from son.



  • myamid
    Sep 12, 07:16 PM
    Yes, but EyeHome does not support ALAC or Purchased AAC for audio, H.264 for video, it does not have a USB port to connect a USB drive with movies or music or to use it as a file server with that drive or hook a USB printer to use it as a print server. Needless to say, it cannot access iTunes store content, either. If iTV can do all of these, then it is definitely gonna be the winner.

    All true... I still don't think that it's anything to jump up and down about.
    One sad side-effect of the iTV however will probably to kill off any other 3rd party streaming boxes (either out today or in the pipeline). Elgato already has practically burried the EyeHome on their site... :-(





    mothers day quotes. Top 5 Greatest Mothers day
  • Top 5 Greatest Mothers day



  • AidenShaw
    Sep 21, 09:03 AM
    So it looks like I'm back to building a HTPC sometime next spring. Pitty too. It looks like a slick device. Just not what I'm looking to put under my TV. :(
    By next spring, Apple will have the rest of the Media Center - one of the "super-secret" bits of Leopard is a full clone of Microsoft's Media Center Edition, built upon a greatly enhanced Front Row. (And accompanied by a full-featured AV remote.)

    The iTV is just Apple's copy of Microsoft's "Media Center Extender" and/or "Media Center Connect" (see Media Center Extender or Windows Media Connect. Which Do You Need? (http://www.mediacenterpcworld.com/news/218)) or Intel's wireless extender that will be part of the Viiv platform.

    Leopard has the other piece - the real multiple tuner support and PVR system.

    Couple that with a dual-core Conroe in a TiVo-sized box, and you'll have the option of a dedicated Apple Media Center in the living room, or the "iTV" feeding from the Apple Media Center in the office.

    Windows Media Center Edition supports up to five extenders. Apple certainly will do the same, so whether you choose the Conroe HTPC pizza-box, or a bigger Mac in the office - TVs throughout the house can access the single copy of the media library with "iTV" boxes.





    mothers day quotes. mothers day quotes and poems.
  • mothers day quotes and poems.



  • CuttyShark
    Apr 12, 11:08 PM
    Hard to take anyone seriously as a professional who uses Adobe. Avid, sure, but the industry has moved to Final Cut Pro, at least the part of the industry I interface with.

    You calling this Final Cut a "toy" after it was just presented to a room full of professionals who loved it seems odd. Why the need to diminish it when it is clear that if you werent' there, there's much we don't yet know?

    Adobe Photoshop and After Effects are not 'pro'? Please explain that to me. I never said Premiere. I made the switch to FCP in 2005 after 10 years of solid AVID work, yet I still use them both - just depends what job I'm on and who I'm working for. I stand by what I say - It looks like a fun 'toy' to play with. I have my doubts when it comes to some serious sound track organization and color correction. Reminds me a lot of when someone gave me a demo of Speed Edit by Newtek. It's really interesting how alike these seem to be.

    Cheers!





    mothers day quotes. mothers day quotes and poems.
  • mothers day quotes and poems.



  • AP_piano295
    Apr 23, 12:43 AM
    No one is concluding that there was a single "bang," and I'm certainly not conflating anything. "Bang" is a metaphor, and no one is relating it to the "origin of life." You're trying inflate your own ego and place your "scientific literacy" on display here by arguing a point that no one is questioning.

    It certainly seems that you are questioning the point.

    You raised the point that it is/was illogical for me to believe that the life and the universe appeared in a sudden "bang". And you claimed that such a belief could not be possibly based in logic :rolleyes:.

    Of course I never purported to believe any such thing, rather you simply implied that this is what I believe.

    In my original post I never claimed to understand or remotely fathom how the universe and life came to exist. But the fact that I do not know how our universe came to be has very little baring on this conversation.

    I have very little understanding of how the computer I am currently using ACTUALLY works. Yet work it does, it does not work through the grace of god but rather through marvels of modern engineering and achievements in scientific understanding.

    Your god of the gaps is simply a dark room waiting for someone to turn on the light.





    mothers day quotes. Colored Mothers Day Card With
  • Colored Mothers Day Card With



  • Apple OC
    Apr 22, 10:33 PM
    It's the Eye of Providence! The all seeing eye of God. It also has some sort of connection to the Freemasons (I'm not sure how true that is!).

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_of_Providence

    Thanks for that ... I also find the "Federal Reserve" a little mysterious

    http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10489





    mothers day quotes. Mother#39;s Day Quotes
  • Mother#39;s Day Quotes



  • ender land
    Apr 23, 10:31 PM
    Frankly, it doesn't take much faith to claim that nothing and no-one stands above nature (i.e. being supernatural).

    ...

    Do you realize the sheer magnitude of this statement?

    If even 0.0000001% of an incredibly lowball estimate as to the number of current Christians in the world (not to mention past Christians or other theistic religions) have legitimately experienced a supernatural event - pick one, doesn't matter which or how large or small it is - this is an incorrect statement.

    Even if 99.9999% of a billion people claiming supernatural events such as religion are lying, that is still a thousand experiences which invalidate your premise.

    Everything we can see is derived from nature.

    Spoken like a true empiricist.

    Where would God come from then?

    I have never understood why this is used as an argument against a god(s). Clearly, something exists now (as an aside, if you disagree with this statement there is absolutely no grounds to say religion is not true either, so I'm going to assume you do agree something does in fact exist, namely the universe). No matter how you believe, either atheism, creationism, flying spagetti monsterism, anything, at some point, there will be the problem that something always existed. Or existed "before." Whether it's God or a singularity point or whatever, all rational beliefs agree upon this point.

    Asking how God existed prior to the known universe is meaningless in terms of invalidating any religion.

    If there are spiritual entities which stand above us humans, they do certainly not stand above these laws. It doesn't make sense, and was never even supposed to make sense to the human mind in the first place (ask any priest about the latter, he will confirm it).


    Simple example: I make some robots. I put them into a world (let's say I put them in a room with no visible or perceptible interior doors/windows/etc). They interact and are reasonably self aware. Their entire world is this room. Gravity is "obvious" to them. Suddenly, I rotate the entire room 90 degrees. They would have a situation where the statement "no spiritual entity.. stand[s] above these laws."

    Clearly this does not necessarily prove god(s). But it does mean your belief as stated above is illogical (unless starting from the assumed premise that no god(s) exist, in which case your faith rests upon this belief).





    mothers day quotes. mothers day quotes from kids.
  • mothers day quotes from kids.



  • JFreak
    Jul 12, 05:24 AM
    I bet the the Quad G5 will retain their value for awhile.

    Yes, it will. Given that many pro apps are still not Universal, and that many times first ported version is somewhat buggy, the PPC hardware running native PPC software will become very valuable during the next 12ish months.

    Why does it seem that about 105% of Mac-users are Photoshop-users as well (I bet that PhotoShop-users are in fact in the minority)?

    Because 105% of Mac-users have bought Photoshop Elements bundled with a digital camera. 95% of those never bother to upgrade to full version and 82% of those never use the software anyway. Oh, and 67% of statistics are made on spot ;)





    mothers day quotes. mothers day quotes from son.
  • mothers day quotes from son.



  • dizastor
    Aug 29, 11:45 AM
    Apple gaining marketshare, picking up momentum...

    Stock scandal...
    Battery recall...
    Greenpeace report...

    what's next?

    Steve Jobs' departure?





    mothers day quotes. mothers day quotes from son.
  • mothers day quotes from son.



  • skunk
    Mar 15, 06:48 PM
    I've found that most people don't care as much about their country as people believe (or say they do). They and their families well being come first above all else in almost ALL cases of people. They only care about the "country" when it benefits them in a way that they know (or are used to).What evidence do you have for this beyond the purely anecdotal?

    Not that I hope there is, but if there is nuclear a threat to their health, or their (future) children's health, you better bet they will move along to better pastures.You think there wasn't a nuclear threat in 1945?

    As for "moving to the US" one of the reasons why the US is so "advanced" is not because of age old traditional Americans' feats, but the immigrants who were given the opportunity to migrate here to "escape" their country. You didn't think we invented rockety, did you? What about nuclear power? E=mc2 itself was discoverd by someone who really didn't love his country! And a whole slew of other things...like the early computers. Mostly all of this was by immigrants who left their country to go to "the land of opportunity".Usually either because their country was in ruins or because they were under threat. Neither of these things applies in Japan. There has been a major natural catastrophe, possibly more to come, but if they managed to rebuild and thrive after the wholesale destruction of WW2, they will manage this time, too. If your thesis were true, then Japan, Germany (and most of the rest of Europe) would be depopulated wasteland. Some people clearly feel heavily invested in their local cultural values.





    �algiris
    May 2, 09:23 AM
    So make it unsafe, it's not a rocket science, cowboy.

    Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_7 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E303 Safari/6533.18.5)

    So much for apple computers not getting viruses

    Educate yourself and find the difference between malware like this one and a virus.





    dante@sisna.com
    Sep 12, 06:51 PM
    HDMI has nothing to do with the down res of an image. The Image Constraint Token dictates whether HD will be transmitted over analog channels like component. The ICT has not been implemented by any studio and they have stated it is not likely to be in the near future.

    HDMI sends the signals and confirms the device on either end is compliant device. How the HDCP handles the situation is up to the studios and manufacturers.

    That is exactly what I said, except in plain English.

    To repeat: HDMI maintains image resolution and allows the receiving device (monitor with HD Compliancy) to adjust if needed. It also maintains encryption for DRM -- I said exactly what you said.





    M-5
    Apr 15, 12:31 PM
    I think one thing that would help the Gay community would be instead of focusing on how different they are focus on how much like everyone else they are. I live in one of the largest gay communities outside of San Fransisco, and as a straight male have nothing but the utmost respect and love for the Gay community. Its time though that they stepped up and said hey We are just like all of you!

    No, I don't agree with this. The GLBT shouldn't have to try to live up to the heterosexual norms of society in order to be accepted. This is really similar to when heterosexuals say "I'm alright with gay people as long as I don't see them doing gay things." Its like saying that being gay is okay as long as a person's identity is hidden from the rest of society. No, it should be accepted, and the GLBT shouldn't have to live out the heteronormative image to be treated with the resepect and dignity that human beings deserve.

    I love the message that it's alright to be who you are, and that you don't have to pretend you're straight to get some damn respect. I mean, I'm taking a university course focusing on Discriminaton in the Marketplace, and we've discussed many issues such as systemic racism primarily focusing on African Americans, or weight and ethnic discrimination. But this past week we were discussing how prevalent discrimination is against the GLBT, and there were some advertisements shown such as the Snickers Superbowl where two men eat the same snickers bar and end up having their lips meet in the middle. The ad ends with the men feeling disgusted and having to express their masculinity by ripping off their chest hair. I have several issues with this ad, such as the fact that homosexuality is still being displayed as something disgraceful and shameful that someone can't be associated with. Another is that the message is relayed that Gay men can't be masculine.

    The second ad we saw was a McDonalds commercial where a boy is conversing on the phone with his boyfriend while looking at a class photo of both of them. When the boys father comes back with his McDonalds meals, the boy has to end up call and hear his dad ask him about "the ladies." The ad ends with some message such as "Come as you are." After the ad there were a bunch of giggles coming from guys laughing at the gay nature of the ad. It sickened me because of the fact that it was a class focusing on discrimination and the apparent homophobia was so prevalent amongst my peers. I also had issues with the ad, which actually left me feeling worse about myself at the end of it. First of all, the boy had to secretly speak to his partner and hang up the call before his father returned. Then he had to listen to his father ask him about his relationship with women while the boy has to dismiss his real identity from his father.

    Ugh, and I also hate when people say "Why does the GLBT always say that we should be accepting towards them and their beliefs when on the other hand they're against people and religions who are against them; thats so hypocritical." I hate this statement because what the GLBT ask for and believe in is equality and acceptance and don't infringe on the rights of heterosexuals. While the belief that certain heterosexuals take on infringes on the rights of homosexuals and want unacceptance.

    And being gay isn't some stupid hipster fad that some of you refer to it as.





    ready2switch
    Sep 20, 10:15 AM
    What do you thnk the iTV offers that a Mini doesn't? I'm not sure it offers anything other than freeing the Mini so it can be used as a computer in front of a computer monitor somewhere else (which is apparently Jobs' view of where a computer should be).

    I might have the wrong end of the stick though.


    That's pretty much my question too. The iTV is a mini without DVD, storage, OS, or advanced interface? I guess I just don't see a market for this at $300. Waste of time, unless I'm missing something.





    emotion
    Sep 20, 10:52 AM
    With FrontRow on the Mini it can act as a hub for the other computers in the network and play the movies via iTunes streaming.

    Yeah but a Mini costs �400 (and up to �600 when properly equipped) and this will cost �200 or less.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment