Wednesday, May 11, 2011

the black ops prestige icons

the black ops prestige icons. Black Ops Prestige Icons
  • Black Ops Prestige Icons



  • D4F
    Apr 28, 08:50 AM
    It doesn't take a smart person to prune information out to support their claim, while redacting information which doesn't. Why didn't you include the full spec?

    "Weta Digital uses HP’s BladeSystem c7000 chassis with BL2x220 server modules, with redundant HP Virtual Connect networking modules, full HP redundant thermal logic power supplies and fans, redundant management modules, each server had two Intel L5335 50w processors, 24GB memory and a mixture of 60GB and 120GB hard disk drives."

    Most definitely NOT PCs. Sorry, try again.

    And your point is?
    I use dual Xeon setup at home on my desktop. Since it's a server chip does that mean what I have there is not a PC??

    What's wrong with you people lol

    It's all about what you can afford and what you use. It's still a PC dude. Some better some worse.
    And to add more, do you know why they use specific thermal logic power supplies, management modules and etc? Find out and then post please.

    *I'll add a hint just to make sure... Try connecting 4K PCs with eachother that are setup to perform one task (rendering station- aka render farms) that usually run for weeks/months at 100%. Go read about it. Doesn't hurt especially if you comment on it.





    the black ops prestige icons. Black Ops Prestige Icons Xbox
  • Black Ops Prestige Icons Xbox



  • tigress666
    Jun 13, 02:48 PM
    So, serious question: Why do people put up with ATT?

    I hear all the arguments that go back and forth: they suck, it would have happened to anyone, my service is terrible, my service is great, break exclusivity, keep exclusivity.

    I own an iPod, iPad and MBP, but no iPhone. I know a lot of us LOVE our Apple products, but seriously, why don't more people talk to ATT with their dollars? If every ATT hater who owned an iPhone did not buy the next one, would that do the trick? Would that send a better message to Apple than an email to Jobs or a post on MacRumors.com? I know there have been efforts at crashing the data network and such, but wouldn't just NOT purchasing the product and NOT putting up with something you don't like be a bigger statement at the end of the day?

    I'm not sure. I'd think we'd have to see a survey of AT&T customers of who is happy vs. who is not. I think you hear a lot from the people who are unhappy, but very little from those that are. Not to mention there are probably a lot of people out there that just don't think it important enough to put voice to their concerns (they either decide it's not worth it and leave or they stay either cause they don't mind the service or the iphone is worth it or simply never experienced anything else so don't realize there is anything to improve <- I might be in this boat but I honestly have never seen a reason to leave AT&T. I've always had good customer service with them, don't have a complaint about the coverage, and the price is right. Only other carrier I have had experience with was when my parents had Sprint which has for at least 10 years biased me against them).

    I mean, I wouldn't have gotten the iphone if it wasn't on AT&T (or most likely wouldn't). When I was looking for a phone, while I was slightly open to the idea of changing carriers if I found a phone I really wanted on another one, my preference was to not leave AT&T as I had no reason to leave (besides phones offered).

    I'm sure people already vote with their dollars. Either the service is so bad the phone isn't worth it (or AT&T doesn't even offer a phone they like or some one else has exactly what htey want) or they're happy with the service and can find a phone that is satisfactory to them (or like it so much they just grumble a little about phone availability but stay anyways). No one is forced to be on AT&T cause AT&T has the iphone. They are forced to make a decision on whether the iphone is worth it or not.





    the black ops prestige icons. 95%. Call
  • 95%. Call



  • paeza
    Oct 26, 01:33 AM
    Hey guys we should hold out for 128 cores. Apple will make it soon. I guess





    the black ops prestige icons. in Black Ops, Winterboard
  • in Black Ops, Winterboard



  • KnightWRX
    May 2, 03:24 PM
    It decompressed the zip file and executes code to launch an installer. This is considered a safe action because the user still has to continue to run the installer.

    Installation of MacDefender via the installer requires password authentication by the user.

    So Safari auto-downloads, unarchives and auto-executes something, but you think it is safe because it's an installer ? :confused:

    I'm sorry, but I'm still curious about the "auto-execute" part. Why would it run the installer automatically after decompressing it. That sounds quite "unsafe" to me. Even without administrator privilege, that means code can still run that can affect the current user's account.

    like there's no such thing as a virus for Mac...

    Link to Mac OS X virus please. Anything, a name, a description of what it does, something.

    Viruses and malware are not the same thing.

    I'll just leave this right here...http://www.clamxav.com/

    What's your point with ClamAV ? It's the defacto Unix anti-virus scanner that's used to scan for Windows viruses in e-mail servers usually.





    the black ops prestige icons. Icon / Black Ops Call Of Duty
  • Icon / Black Ops Call Of Duty



  • mcarnes
    Sep 20, 02:02 AM
    But it sure looks better than it sounds...;)

    :p Good one.





    the black ops prestige icons. Black Ops – Prestige icons
  • Black Ops – Prestige icons



  • ratzzo
    Apr 20, 08:45 PM
    I guess, the "learning curve." While the OS can perform the same functions as say, Windows, things may not be where you'd normally look for them as, granted, you're on another platform now. But Apple does great in this sense, by adding a search function to most OS options (System Preferences).

    I guess the other thing you might not like might be the fact that, after switching, you will want (or try) to keep up with Apple yearly hardware updates :p





    the black ops prestige icons. Black Ops Prestige Icons
  • Black Ops Prestige Icons



  • AndroidfoLife
    Apr 9, 01:03 PM
    Hard core gaming is PC gaming. Why because you have to really care about the quality of your games to go out and spend 1000 plus just to play games.
    Second iOS devices are not competing with nintendo or Sony's portables. People buy an iPhone as a phone, not to play games and the same goes with all the iOS devices. People Pick up a Portable game like a DS or PSP to play games not to listen to music not to surf the web or watch movies. You are comparing a device that does gaming as a secondary function to something that was developed for the one purpose of gaming.





    the black ops prestige icons. all lack ops prestige icons.
  • all lack ops prestige icons.



  • Evangelion
    Jul 13, 09:17 AM
    Intel and AMD push hard to make sure that a dual-core processor is *licensed* as a single CPU.

    And quite a few software-firms agree with them. Those that do not, are retarded. But my point remains: According to Intel, single-socket, dualcore system is a 1-way system, dual-socket, dual-core system is a 2-way system.

    This is because there are a lot of big software packages that are priced according to the number of processors, often much more expensive for a 4-way than a 2-way.

    And that's retarded. And those companies that do charge like that are not going to change their mind based on few paragraphs on intel.com.

    So, Intel/AMD have an agenda that requires them to distort the meaning of the word "processor". They have to warp the word "processor" to justify the licensing stance.

    So, your argument is basically that even though AMD and Intel disagree with you, you are still right, because this is just a vast conspiracy?

    Finally, a source that doesn't have a marketing agenda says:

    Like I have said: there are more than one way of looking at this thing. That is one way. The "other" way isn't really wrong either.

    ...enough said.

    hopefully so. You seem to have some major problems accepting the fact that not everyone shares your viewpoint? So you then proceed to cram your viewpoint down other people's throats.





    the black ops prestige icons. Prestige Black Ops Icons.
  • Prestige Black Ops Icons.



  • AidenShaw
    Sep 26, 03:14 PM
    im hoping that apple has optimized leopard to be able to assign certain applications to certain cores. just like what some of the other posters have said

    4 cores for Cinema 4D
    1 core for internet and mail
    2 cores for photoshop
    1 core for quicktime dvd playback
    Unless you're doing realtime work with strict QoS demands, it's almost always better to let the OS schedule all threads across all CPUs.

    In the situation you describe, your browser would slow down when mail woke up to do something - even if QT or photoshop were idle.





    the black ops prestige icons. lack ops prestige icons.
  • lack ops prestige icons.



  • Povilas
    Oct 7, 12:03 PM
    Android is a mobile OS. iPhone is a device. Android is and will be used in many devices by many manufacturers. iPhone is only one device, but if you add iPod Touch which runs the same OS I don't think Android can surpass it by 2012.





    the black ops prestige icons. Black Ops Prestige Edition
  • Black Ops Prestige Edition



  • lilo777
    Apr 20, 09:03 PM
    Just curious what NFC does in any Android device currently?

    Of course you can work hard to drain the phones battery but LTE is draining the phones battery without trying. Nothing wrong with that, but Apple focuses on a single model and they have a set of requirements that they wish to achieve (battery life being awesome is one of them!).

    If you don't like it, don't buy it, I guess?

    Quote: "Google has begun distributing stickers with near field communication (NFC) technology to businesses throughout Austin, Texas as part of its Google Places roll out. The stickers allow users to tap their NFC-equipped phone on the sticker and access content and information relevant to the local business.

    The stickers are manufactured by Smartag and measure 80mm x 50mm (3.15 in x 1.97 in) in size. Users who have the Google Places app on their smartphones will be able to see the business' address, phone number, hours of business, types of payment accepted, reviews, and more. The user also has the ability to rate and review the business right from their mobile device. They will then receive personalized recommendations in their search results based on their preferences."


    So OSX allows user access to all critical files with no option to hide?

    I believe so. I am not aware of any other OS but Windows that has this feature.





    the black ops prestige icons. COD Black Ops Prestige Symbols
  • COD Black Ops Prestige Symbols



  • ChrisA
    Jul 12, 12:19 PM
    Just as a data point for you all: I'm typing this on a dual processor Xeon runing at 3.6 Ghz.
    Each procesor has 1M cache. The system has 4GB RAM and some 10K RPM Ultra-SCSI disks. It runs Linux. This system runs circles around any current Intel Mac. I'm not putting Mac down. Not at all. I just wanted to let you all know to expect a huge performane jump when these new dual and quad core woodcrest machines come out.

    You want my guess about what's comming. Apple will offer a high-end dual Woodcrest, quad core "mac pro" and it will be expensive. But they will also offer a lower-end dual processor (Conroe) tower. in a mini-tower configuration. Call it a "Mac Pro Lite" for arounr $2K





    the black ops prestige icons. COD Black Ops Prestige Symbols
  • COD Black Ops Prestige Symbols



  • skunk
    Mar 15, 07:35 PM
    The way to fill our energy needs is a death by a thousand cuts, which will include conservation and new technologies.I would describe that as life by a thousand stitches. :)

    If they really can afford to take them off the grid, then why are they running? Perhaps they are selling the energy to other countries and don't want to lose the revenue? Or maybe the German government is unwilling to remove a domestic power-producing option in favor of fuels they have to import from elsewhere?I think it's more likely that being in possession of valid nuclear technology is of great import to the self-image of the German State.





    the black ops prestige icons. lack ops prestige icons.
  • lack ops prestige icons.



  • Wetapples
    Jun 12, 11:29 PM
    I find this topic to be really interesting I have called the AT&T service department enough times they said there is nothing they can do to fix the problem and recomended that I look into porting my number and changing providers!! AT&T has me cornered though because the next best option is verizon and they do not carry the iPhone!!! Please Steve Jobs divorce at&t they are doing very little to promote your product image! I know there are thousands like me who would drop AT&T in a heart beat if another company aquired the iPhone!!





    the black ops prestige icons. CoD Black Ops Prestige Level
  • CoD Black Ops Prestige Level



  • Digital Skunk
    Apr 13, 09:56 AM
    Here are videos of the event... that way you can pretty much 'see' for yourself what it does or doesnt do.

    http://www.photographybay.com/2011/04/13/final-cut-pro-x-annoncement-video/

    Peace

    dAlen

    Okay, I watched the videos anyway . . . :):D :p Whatever, I was curious and they are the only one's I've seen in the past hour.

    There's not one added feature that a student/hobbyist/professional or game changer shouldn't like.

    Things like Magnetic Timeline would actually help an editor cut faster. I digress again.

    Things like Magnetic Timeline however, COULD make certain tools like trim, roll, and slip not needed. I am sure they'll be in the palette, but no more trim --> highlight --> grab and move --> deselect. You just move the clip. I'd like to see that in more detail though, the video had it cut off.

    Another example of what some may be talking about . . . Nesting and Compound clips. Nesting was nice, but terribly executed. Compound Clips ------>>>>>>> Nice!





    the black ops prestige icons. lack ops prestige icons
  • lack ops prestige icons



  • 326
    Jun 18, 08:17 AM
    new to the forums but not new with ATT. I used to own a nokia phone thru ATT and have never had any dropped call issues until after they merged with cingular which cingular used to be pacific bell cellular phones.

    Pacific Bell cellular phones I used to be on years ago which lasted no more then 8months tops. Reason being was thier connection reliability was absolute junk. Didnt matter where I was standing the signal strength was garbage.

    So then I switched to ATT not knowing that they two companys would merge a year and a half later.

    During my time with ATT the signal strength was solid, secure and very reliable. Consistant.

    Then the merge happend and the service customer service is where I noticed a significant Nose Dive heading south. Poor Service.

    I continued to my time as an ATT customer being that the Nokia phone was still reliable and the signal strength consistant. Then upgraded to a Motorola flip which was also reliable.

    When I made the move to the iPhone3g is when I noticed my signal strength consistancy begin to weaken. However I love my iPhone so much and use it for everything mobile that its tolerable.

    I am hoping that this new anntenna system thats integrated in the new iPhone4 to put strong signal strength and reliability back into the hands that ATT used to have and be known for.

    Hopefully one day this world will unify as one to focus forward to reach outside of the box, instead of focusing on the $ sign which divides the world into pieces:apple:





    the black ops prestige icons. Prestige Black Ops Icons.
  • Prestige Black Ops Icons.



  • Cromulent
    Mar 26, 11:12 PM
    ...seems to be asking the absurd question

    You need to learn how to read quoted text before reading a response.

    so I guess I'm asking not "why are condoning the belief or not condoning it," but rather "what possible sense could it make from a practical perspective."

    You obviously seem to be missing the extremely simple point here, I was merely pointing out that in Catholicism priests are expected to be celibate so expecting a gay person to be celibate is not exactly unheard of in a religious context.

    The fact that some people have the opinion that being gay is OK as long as you are not a practicing gay follows the same logic as priests being expected to remain celibate and also shares some of the reasons why as well.

    Being gay and being a priest have absolutely nothing in common.

    If you had followed the thread you would see where the original comment came from.





    the black ops prestige icons. Black Ops – Prestige icons
  • Black Ops – Prestige icons



  • munkery
    May 2, 04:14 PM
    I'm curious how it auto-executes the installer because that can have potential damaging results for a user account, without privilege escalation. My data is all in my user account, I don't care about a few system files so much as I care about my data.

    It auto-executes the installer because installers are marked as safe if "open safe files after downloading" is turned on.

    This is not an example of shellcode being injected into a running application to execute code in user space.





    the black ops prestige icons. COD Black Ops Prestige Symbols
  • COD Black Ops Prestige Symbols



  • kupua
    Oct 16, 09:00 AM
    Ballmer should consider giving a marketing contract to Gartner!





    Gelfin
    Mar 25, 01:26 PM
    Unfortunately, none of that is relevant to the original point of the thread. Looking back through the thread, Catholics and Catholicism were/ are the discussion. Not all 'Christians' and the 'mainstream'.

    It is entirely relevant. The leadership of the Catholic Church, as one very significant representative of a multitude of peer sects that engage in similar behavior, uses its political and rhetorical power to promote the attitudes that spread their own prejudice and enable prejudiced people, including a subset of extremists, to excuse themselves from the obligation to treat those people with fundamental dignity and respect.

    Had a more conservative member of this board attempted to 'stretch' the original point of the thread to included all 'Christians' and the 'mainstream', I would bet my life that ones attempting to 'stretch' the original point of this thread would jump down his or her throat in a second.

    First, I explicitly did not stretch the topic of the thread. I stretched an analogy about the topic of the thread. You are attacking as illegitimate something that didn't happen, and ignoring the legitimacy of what did.

    Second, it was a conservative, and now that I look you in fact, who introduced the word "mainstream" as a "no true Scotsman" weasel word to disclaim the association between "strongly held beliefs" that certain other people are not to be tolerated and extremists who take strong actions consistent with those beliefs. When you are as influential as a major religion, you cannot just go around saying such-and-such group is intentionally undermining and destroying everything decent in the world and not expect some impressionable half-wit with poor impulse control to take you seriously and act accordingly.

    Let me boil it down:

    (1a) Catholics (or anyone else) may believe what they like about gay people, so long as (1b) they don't try to force gay people to live consistent with those beliefs.

    In a like spirit of mutual respect, (2a) I'll think what I like about Catholics, particularly in regard to their attitudes about gay people, but (2b) I will not attempt to force them to believe otherwise or to behave inconsistently with their beliefs.

    Stipulating (1b) does not constitute denying (1a). However, Tomasi's whine in the first post asserts exactly the opposite, that to demand (1b) is itself a violation of (2b). If this is the case, if (1b) is held to be an unreasonable expectation, then mutual respect is likewise off the table, and Catholics are welcome to roll up (2b) and cram it in a spirit of defense of essential human rights against an aggressive assault.

    Take your pick. You get the respect you give.





    AidenShaw
    Oct 8, 10:23 AM
    Faster at what? I'm too lazy to find the part in the keynote where they showed this. Was it 20% faster at something designed to use all 8 cores?
    The task was a multi-threaded matrix multiplication that easily scales to multiple cores.

    This is representative of many HPC and rendering apps, but not as realistic for most desktop apps (unless, of course, you're like MultiMedia and run several separate instances of the desktop apps simulataneously).

    The sections in the video are at 11:50 to 15:00, and 26:30 to 28:00. (The gap is while the engineer is swapping CPUs and rebooting.)

    My earlier numbers were a bit off - rewatching the video the Woodie system was 40% faster than the Opteron, at 17% less power. The Clovertowns were low-voltage parts "about 900MHz" slower than the Woodies. The octo (dual quads) was about 60% faster than the Opteron at 17% less power. (I'd like to have seen them put in faster Clovertowns, and show what the octo Clovertown would do when matching the power draw of the Opteron.)

    At about 25:00 minutes in, Gelsinger says that the "two woodies in one socket" is the "right way to do quad-core at 65nm", due to manufacturing and yield issues.





    rugbyboy
    Sep 12, 04:16 PM
    Now see its a step in the right direction to be sure. There will be features announced which will make it more attractive

    But unless they add the ability to attach a hard drive or something to hold content on then this isn't going to sell at all.

    You probably forget that iTunes TV shows are not available nowhere else in the world except the US. Neither are the films for the time being. so what do we have to watch in the rest of the world? Nada!

    I really want this to be better for launch. Lets see what happens eh?





    alent1234
    Aug 26, 07:32 AM
    Had drop call issues with my iPhone 3G ALL OVER THE COUNTRY. Not kidding. Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Louisiana, Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Indiana, New York, New Jersey . . . you get the picture.

    Now with my iPhone 4, it is WORSE. I get dropped 3 or 4 times during a 15 minute conversation.

    Talked my friend into an iPhone (it is GREAT for everything except being a phone) and she, in 3 days, has had to return 2 phones that were defective. She, a tech industry executive, asked AT&T and Apple what their failure rate was, and they replied, "We can't tell you that." Go figure. Also learned that there is one side of the band on the iPhone 4 for telephone and the other side for data. Having your hands directly on either side will diminish the reception. Using a headset does help (keeping hands off phone)

    My iPad hasn't seemed to have so many problems connecting on the go, but it does run a little slower sometimes. Have to say it rules, except the flash thing (best surfing anywhere?????), but another thread:D

    why is it that it's usually the newbie accounts that have the most trouble with their iphones?





    Evangelion
    Jul 13, 05:05 AM
    After reading your post, I thought I'd join in. I hear what you are saying about Adobe, but truth is, the majority of Mac desktop professional users are people who rely on Adobe for everyday work.

    Yep, there propably are lots of Macsters who rely on Adobe. And there are LOADS of Macsters who don't use Adobe-software at all!

    Now before you go thinking "so what", keep in mind that disregarding the creative industry means you are losing a big chunk of potential buyers.

    I fail to see how Apple is "disregarding" those people who run Adobe-software. Those people could buy PPC-PowerMac if they want to. Should Apple delay the release of Intel-PowerMacs just because Adobe is dragging their feet with universalization? What's the benefit there? The fact that the Adobe-users wouldn't have to look at those new uber-PowerMacs with envy and think "damn, I wish I could buy that...."? if Apple releases the new machines in few weeks time, how does it harm anyone? At least the multitude of people who do NOT rely on Adobe will have new gear to buy. The Adobe-users can just stick to PPC-machines. It's not like Steve Jobs will march in to the Adobe-houses (no pun intended), and replace those PPC-PowerMacs with Intel-PowerMacs.

    What should Adobe-users do? Instead of complaining to Apple, they should complain to Adobe. How hard is it REALLY to make Mac-Photoshop run on Intel-Mac? they already have Intel-versions of their software running on Windows, it shouldn't be THAT hard.



    No comments:

    Post a Comment